Compaq Proliant 5500

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lostfox1, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostfox1

lostfox1 Registered Member

I have a Compaq Proliant 5500 with (4) 9.1 gig drives configured in raid 5 to give me a C:\=2 gig and a D:\=23 gig
    I am running out of space and need to upgrade to a new server. The new server is a Dell SC1430 with 2 sata 500 gig drives without raid. My issue is I have made an image of my system with atis 9.1 build 3832 and I have Universal Restore installed. I booted the compaq with the boot disk and made the image on a network share. I pulled the image to the new dell through the boot disk but the image does not give me the OPTION of the Universal Restore? All my other images do but the image of the server does not? Does any one know why? I can restore the image to the dell but without the UR it just blue screens.
    Also I upgraded to atis 9.1 build 3854 and i still get the same problem with no Universal Restore option? why?

Thx

2. glowboy

glowboy Registered Member

The Recovery CD that you make needs to have True Image and Universal Restore both from the sameBuild No. That being said, I believe that Build 3854 has a bug with Universal Restore. I have read that support is giving out a debug Build 3858 that fixes your problem that many others are having.

3. lostfox1

Glowboy,
    Thx for the reply. My attempts to get 3858 have been futile :'( as of yet. If anyone has it can you please forward it to me? My boot CD has 9.1 3854 and UR but there is no way for me to tell the version of UR. Am I wrong? I did download the latest vir. but it was the same size as i have already. My biggest issue is that i get the option to UR on any other image of my workstations but not of my server. That just dumbfounds me o_O o_O

4. DGirman

DGirman Registered Member

I am having a similar issue and have 3854. How do I get the current build and is there a build update for both the Image and Universal products?:thumb:

5. lostfox1

I have been trying but Acronis Support has not gotten back to me as of yet :thumbd: I am currently looking at other solutions and might just return this product as it clearly does not do what it claims. At least on the server images. o_O

6. lostfox1

NT to 2000 upgrade images?

Has anyone had any issues imaging a server that was upgraded to 2000 from NT4 and restoring from that image to different Hardware?. I have 9.1 with UR 3854. Every time I try to restore it does not give me the option to UR the image? I am going from a Compaq 5500 RAID5 to a dell SC1430 with "no" RAID.
    All discs are found and it will image but without the UR, and it blue screens. Any Ideas?
    I have used BartPE but when I do, Trueimage it tells me there are no HDD's found. But BartsPE See's them and can access them. o_O
    I have also used ER Commander 2005 and see all partitions but cannot run TIS.
    Help? Support has not returned my request for help and it has been over a week. I need to get this done. I'm drowning here... :-(

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lostfox1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow the instructions given in this previous post.

Please clarify if you have received an autoreply containing your assigned ticket number (e.g. #123456) from Acronis Support. If you haven’t, please contact us via forum private messaging and we will investigate the issue.

P.S. I have merged two threads you have started since they concern the same issue. Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Atrevida

Atrevida Registered Member

2 lostfox1
    Check a junk folder of your e-mail box. Acronis e-mails can be misidentified as spam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.