comodo?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rocky6, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky6

rocky6 Registered Member

Just out of curiosity, Why does there seem to be such a love hate relationship with this product? This forum seems to keep under control but u can still tell. It seems you either love this product or you hate it. I have personally never used this product but the reviews i've read said good fw and hips and below average antvirus but getting better. As far i know it's 1 of the only completely free suites availible, maybe not for the average user like me which most of people on this forum our not. I'm not asking for comparisons i was just curious why this one gets so much good press and so much bad press, doesn't seem to be no middle ground for free product compared to others.

2. hamzah95

hamzah95 Registered Member

I think this is because MANY people use comodo products. As the number increases, haters and lovers increase. It's the same with Avira, many people use it, so many hate and love it. And free products are used by millions around the world, so that increases the number of opinions. In the end it's your opinion which decides.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

at this moment i am testing this firewall in one of my computers and to tell you it is amazing;) very lite/strong firewall ''love it'':D

4. ypestis

ypestis Guest

One word, I thank, Melih.
    In many ways he is both the greatest cheerleader,and the worse enemy Comodo has.
    It is easy to dismiss him as a passionate guy whos zeal out runs his better judgment,and that is a somewhat attractive picture.
    The problem is it as simplistic as dismissing George "Dubya" Bush as a likable dumbass.
    It ignores some very questionable character and business traits.
    The new 3.9 has solved to huge extent the mad pop-ups of other versions,
    and the best way I know to say it,is try it, it is it is the
    sort of thing you need,if you need that sort of thing.
    It does not suit my idea,but I will not call a decent
    software bad,because it's CEO seems to have trouble keeping his mouth shut when he should.
    You also hear a lot of talk about the insane amount of Fanboi-ism on the Comodo Forums,but say something critical of ESET or Avira,even here,and you will see Comodo
    has no monopoly on fan-boys.
    Plus there seems to be a measure of "Us Against The World" mind set on the Comodo's part,
    and this tends to close the ranks of the faithful,and alienate outsiders.

If you judge just the software,there is less contention. It works pretty well.

5. hamzah95

hamzah95 Registered Member

Nothing is perfect, so you will always see that one product has something that the other doesn't,creating haters and lovers.

6. cruxx

cruxx Registered Member

Similar thread here;
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244532
    As mentioned, the individual at the helm seems to generate too much on the negative side of opinion. Even before I had gotten to trying the products I had heard such comments, but I take them all with a pinch of salt as you must with such things. I run comodo and online amor on different setups as that suits those individual machines and situations and both are excellent products.
    To be honest much of the problems stem from parties on either side doing the fanboy routine and then conversely bashing the other products. If only a little growing up would happen and folks involved in the baiting would decide to give it a rest and realise there is more than one good security solution in the would. :p

7. nielsson

nielsson Registered Member

Its simple really..
    Wilders is a good place for many to sell security products.

Since CIS has become pretty much as good, (personally I would argue better) than most paid stuff out there it becomes a threat to security vendors.
    Security vendors are losing millions of dollars when more and more chose free alternatives instead of their paid alternative.

So the others tries to throw dirt at CIS and comodo to sell more.. And to make people not pick free security.
    Stuff like "Melih has bad morale, CIS is hard to use, Comodo fanboys speaking, etc.". Is not uncommon.

Money is the reason for this love hate relationship. The ones that actually tries CIS usually likes and keeps it, unless they experience a bug.
    Do not fool yourself into believing that the advises you see at wilders always are none biased. Some people here have sell contracts and similar with security vendors and tries to make you buy more security products than any decent human would ever need.

AND MODS PLEASE STOP DELETING MY POSTS.

PLEASE. :thumbd: :thumbd:

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is ok to read or heard negative/positives reviews about comodo and what i care is that when i tested a program in this case comodo but that goes for all programs if i like it when testing i for sure will keep it:) that is what matters:thumb:

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

As posted above, there is already a thread with almost identical content located here.

Please note this post and keep discussions of software here focused on the technical issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.