Comodo, you cannot be serious!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Vladimyr, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Facebook drew my attention to this blog item today.

http://blogs.comodo.com/pc-security/computer-protection/obama-and-romney-finally-agreed-on-something

I quickly read through all that 'opposing policy' hooey and finally...

"Could these two have agreed on anything over the last 18 months?
    Now, after all of that, is it possible that they could have agreed on anything? The answer is surprisingly, yes! Both of their websites, BarackObama.com and MittRomney.com, both require protection. They have responded to this necessity by protecting their sites with one of the best internet security companies on line today: Comodo.
    "

What! You're telling me that whoever is hosting both of their websites uses a Comodo security product, and this somehow equates to Obama and Romney personally choosing Comodo? Who writes this stuff?

Well... none other than Itna Suriv does. Itna Suriv? That's right anti virus spelt backwards!

There they go again. Creating trust online.

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I don't understand how this is good marketing. I would actually be less likely to use a comodo product if BO or MITT recommended it. Why? Because everything they say is a lie, and they are shifty creatures. Far better advertisement would be if they went to all the world charity organisations and offered to protect and secure their websites for free. (Your Charity, is our Charity!) Seriously? Would you be more inspired by flashing the sames of politicians or charities? Comodo's PR guy sucks.

3. SLE

SLE Registered Member

omg! just embarrassing. made my day :blink:

4. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I don't mean to be picky, but in the sentence posted the plural pronoun "they" here refers to the websites listed (BarackObama.com and MittRomney.com) and not the candidates which they represent.

So although I see no problem with this, I certainly would have been concerned for the security of the United States if Sophos had been chosen instead.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't see anything wrong with the post.

6. Vladimyr

I agree. So the headline, "Obama and Romney Finally Agreed on Something" and all the guff in between bears no relation to the supposed point of Itna Suriv's impressive 'journalism'. :rolleyes:

Of course "BarackObama.com and MittRomney.com Webhosts Agreed on Something" would be the perfect non-attention-getting headline for this non-story.

7. guest

guest Guest

+1

I you only read the sensationalist headline sounds weird, but if you read the full article everything is ok.

8. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Just as a sidenote, I'm not surprised that these websites are (were) being protected by Comodo. Comodo Endpoint Security is a really remarkable product. It's laughably easy to deploy and administer; the protection is as one would expect superb.

9. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I usually don't like Comodo's way of doing things but this seems totally ok for me. Usual marketing speech, nothing wrong.

Kudos for them if it's true that both candidate's web sites used Comodo.

10. pintas

pintas Registered Member

LOL! You just pick about everything to criticize..... so what if Comodo is being used by those two and they advertise it?

Wouldn't you?!?! Really!?

Common'....

11. Vladimyr

Quite a range of opinions.

As far me picking everything to criticize... I guess I did - but what tremendous scope! (Someone please tell me if I missed anything.)

I have nothing against Comodo. It's clear many people find their products to be effective and reliable. I do however take issue with shoddy journalism, questionable marketing, and especially, as in this case, the latter purporting to be journalism (shoddy or otherwise). So Itna Suriv, if you're out there (any one of you who knows him/her please pass this on) I await your righteous indignation... as I do a photocopy of your birth certificate.

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts.

13. Comodo certificates should be revoked and banned from every web browser on earth after they got hacked.

Sorry they can go jump. I could care less if comodo protected the ice cream shop from hackers let alone presidents.

14. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

If I remember correctly, then they should do the same with Verisign ones...

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't recall any Comodo certs to be exploited in any way so far.

16. tipo

tipo Registered Member

exactly!

17. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im not jumping on the anti comodo bandwagon here as its senseless.
    I am using their dragon browser and im also using the superb programs manager which is a definate keeper.
    They provide some excellent software for free and ive never had an issue with them.
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.