Comodo XP Security Center Bug

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dave88, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

On an XP box I've got set up as a media system I had comodo installed a month ago but ditched it for the lighter Jetico1. All has been well, but I just noticed that security center still reports that "Comodo Firewall Pro is currently on" huh?

I'm thinking that Comodo must use some trick on security center, that it fails to uninstall properly.

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

3. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

Thanks Ocky, that worked great, I got my nice red light back :p

I wasn't worried about it as I know security center doesn't really do anything anyway.

It obviously could create a false sense of security saying something is working when it is not.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Should be green light if you have jetico installed. Reboot, check again, toggle on/off until you get the green light with confirmation that jetico
    is installed.

5. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

The program I enountered is similar. Uninstalled Comodo and proceeded to install another firewall. Was advised Comodo needed to be uninstalled. Then went to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and Comodo was still there. I clicked on remove and was told Comodo didn't exist, and it then asked me if I wanted to remove Comodo from the Add/Remove list. I clicked Yes, Comodo was removed and problem solved. So make sure it's gone from your Add/Remove list, and that might solve the problem.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

My security center wouldn't register Comodo Firewall. I had Outpost before. I followed the directions, it worked like a charm.

7. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

Are you sure Jetico V1 is supposed to be recognized by XP security center?

8. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Sorry, it appears that only jetico 2 is recognised. The red light is therefore absolutely correct. :thumb: :D

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I uninstalled Comodo and reinstalled Outpost, I just wanted to try the Comodo Firewall out. BTW Security Center correctly registered Outpost when I reinstalled Outpost.

10. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello Carver.

Did you check Security center after uninstalling Comodo? Did it still see Comodo as installed? BTW, that problem with SC still seeing Comodo after uninstallation is well known. There are several solutions...

:)

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Hello Seer

No, that was the first thing I checked, second thing was the entry in wbemtest or Windows Management Instrumentation Tester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.