Comodo v Kerio regarding system slow down

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by aigle, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have used Kerio since many months and recently downloaded Comodo personal direwall to give it a try.
    While using Kerio, I did feel a bit slow down on my system caused by Kerio though practically it was quite tolerable.
    I will like to know from any users who have used both Kerio and Comodo, out of these two which one causes more slow dwon of system.
    Thanks.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

!! I think, not so many people compared the two firewall!
    BTW, I did saw many post from users of both in the past.

3. sded

sded Registered Member

I just started using CPF after using KPF 4.2.2 for some time. Qualitatively, CPF seems a bit faster than KPF, but haven't really measured it. Neither one seems to be a big drag on the system, at least with moderate rulesets.

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I recently installed Comodo and found it slowed my system down after using Kerio. This was especially when browsing. When I reverted to Kerio there was a noticeable increase in speed.

I see on the Comodo forum they have just released an update which they say addresses the speed issue - maybe it would be worth trying that one.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I installed this new version of Comodo and I did not fell any drag on system. I can say both slow down the system just a little almost to the smae extent.
    However i suspect application execution monitoring in Kerio might cause a little more slow down in addition but this portion can be disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.