Comodo V-engine (anti-phishing)- this looks good

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Has anyone else tried the Comodo Verification Engine? I am using it and it seems very promising. Unlike many other anti-phishing tools (the IE 7 phishing filter of Microsoft among them), the V-engine does not collect browser history info, bookmarked web pages, personal info, etc to send to some database somewhere. It just has a green border that pops up around your browser when you check a web site. In IE7 this seems limited to moving your mouse over the "padlock" logo at the top of the browser. In IE6 there appears to have more options available. But the V-engine seems to update regularly so maybe they'll make more options available for IE7. I believe this is also available for FF2 but I am not sure about Opera as of yet.

Has anyone came across any security-type issues for V-engine? A link to the site is below which contains a few demo's to watch. Also, if anyone has any other anti-phishing tools that do not collect browser history, bookmarked web pages or personal information please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.vengine.com/

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

V-engine works well. The down side for me was that it slowed my computer down enough that I uninstalled it. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.