COMODO Time Machine 2.7.150952.175 BETA Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dragons Forever, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the version that should be very very stable... off course once it's out of BETA.

2. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Thanks,yes its very stable :)

3. diceman

diceman Registered Member

But why is this program still being offered openly with all the corrupt MBR issues and other problems people complain about? Shouldn't ALL releases be beta till the hard drive corrupting problems are fixed? I thought I was going to be a victim as well, lucky me I got out of that mess.

4. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Indeed it could bring troubles in some situations.
    But the 175 version is quite stable and it's running in my machine for almost one month.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

When installing CTM be prepared:
    a) get yourself a rescue disk with a partition manager
    b) get yourseld a rescue disk with a image recovery manager
    c) backup your image and data
    d) try out CTM

It either works flawlessly without a blimps, or thrashes your partition, making it an invalid partition which f.i. Paragon can not handle. When in trouble, delete the partition with your rescue disk partition manager, rebuild MBR and get your saved image recovered.

I personally like CTM a lot when it works that is. I have installed it for 6 friends and on 1 it thrashed the MBR. With above procedure you have everything repaired in half an hour, so it is still a good deal

5 x say 30 euros for instant recovery software = 150 on the plus side saved
    half an hour for a PC guy repairing your PC = 30 Euros spend (fictionally)

Overal 120 euros saved, so I sang the Melih song four times and my friends and I made a salute to the great visionary leader of the Dragon Empire

6. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Excellent post! I happen to be one of those that it works for. The thing I like the most about these ISR's, they have allowed me to try just about every security app, tweak, gimmick known to man without any destruction. I own an Eaz-Fix pro license but switched to CTM after it's first release and not looked back. Haven't moved up to the Beta yet.

7. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Just wondering before I would try this - can you choose which partition CTM will control and leave others alone and thanks.

Gary

8. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yes, you select which partitions to protect

When I install CTM, I move the my documents to a newly created Data Partition (D), move mail directories to D. Next I relocate Temporary and Internet directories to a Temp partition (T). Add a cloud based AV (does not update blacklist data base on protected Programs Partition (C) and the system impact of CTM will be minimal.

With all these instant recovery programs, the idea is to have as less as possible updates on the guarded partition.

Regards

9. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

Does anyone know if it is supporting RAID setups now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.