Comodo registry entries safe to delete?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Firebytes, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Once upon a time I tried Comodo firewall but did not keep it. When I uninstalled it I didn't manually search the registry for stray entries related to Comodo. I did however run my registry cleaners to see if any of them found invalid entries left by Comodo. No entries were flagged by any of the three registry cleaners I have.

Today while doing a manual search in the registry I found several entries related to Comodo. I am wondering if they are safe to delete since the application is no longer on my computer. I did run all my registry cleaners again just to see if any of them flagged the Comodo entries as invalid and none found them to be invalid.

Here are the registry entries in question. Should I remove them or am I better off leaving them be?

Attached Files:

2. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

If it were me, I would make a back-up copy of the registry using ERUNT and then delete the entries.

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I guess it doesn't matter f I want to delete the entries or not. When I tried to delete them I get an error message - "Access Denied" o_O

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I think that the Access denied means there is enough files of the right type for the access denied message. I would make a back-up copy of the registry using ERUNT, go into safe mode and then delete the entries. If that doesn't work try changing permissions. Permissions is on the edit tab of regedit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.