COMODO question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TheMozart, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I just installed the latest COMODO, version 3.13

In the main window it says 8 files are awaiting my review. Inside that it says "Pending Files".

I notice that a few Punkbuster files are there which are important that they work and load properly so I can play my online game.

What am I supposed to do to those files? Their status says "Untrusted", but I cannot seem to figure out how to choose "trusted" anywhere?

Or am I supposed to choose "Move to my own safe files"?

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

If you're sure they're ok then move them to 'My own safe files'.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I am sure they are safe, but it doesn't seem like I need to move them, as I can still play my online game, even though COMODO has them as "Untrusted".

So COMODO still gives the "Untrusted" files full internet access?

4. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Yes you need to move the punkbuster files to your safe files. If you do not and your Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode then it automatically treats the files as though they are not safe, or clean. This would deny access to the network. So when you move them to the safe files list they become a part of your whitelist, and will only revert back to pending if they are modified. So if you trust punkbuster then you need to move them to safe files

5. guest

guest Guest

Is not enought removing (from the list) the pending files? I always do that

6. dcrowe0050

You can remove them but they will keep coming back to pending

7. guest

guest Guest

But when I remove the files from the list I never see again this files on the pending list.

8. dcrowe0050

Well it actually depends on what setting you have Defense+ on. If it is in safe mode they will show back up in pending, but if it is set to clean pc then they will not come back or the other way around im not positive it has been awhile since I used Comodo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.