Comodo Question: D+ still blocks 'clean' files

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PC_Pete, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Pete

PC_Pete Registered Member

I hope somebody can help me with this. I'm currently banned from the Comodo Forum due to some overly enthusiastic moderating (the mod has since apologised but that was 3 days ago and I still can't post).

I submitted an FP detection last week and then again a few days ago, and received confirmation that it has been added to the safe list.

~Private email removed as outlined in the TOS.~

Well, I've got database 7298, the file is no longer detected by the AV but D+ still blocks it. If I submit it via CIS it still comes up as "Unknown" and "Already submitted".
    Of course I can add it to the trusted file list but shouldn't D+ be informed by the whitelist?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I had Comodo 5.0 for several weeks, then upgraded to 5.3, but I ended up uninstalling it after an annoying couple of days. Defense + kept bugging me on a few very well known pieces of software, like CCleaner and Puran Free Defrag. I'm a novice user, and I just got sick and tired of having to baby sit my AV program........It should be the other way around!

3. smage

smage Registered Member

4. PC_Pete

Hi smage

As politely as possible ;) , did you read the first para of my post?

It does look like you have to submit it to the 'AV' department and then also to the 'trusted file' department. :doubt:

5. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

If I were you, I would switch to another program. Especially if I asked for help on their forum and got banned!! There are many other good programs and developers that treat their customers right. Don't waste your time on those that don't!!

6. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

+1 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Try adding it to your Trusted Files list. If that fails, then add it on your Defense+ Rules via the Computer Security Policy or Treat this application as: Trusted Application.

If that still fails.. You'll have to switch or wait until Comodo updates.

8. smage

smage Registered Member

I have read your post, this is why I said I do not know what is happening. I thought that Comodo had 1 whitelist, so if the file has been whitelisted in order for it not to cause a false positive, why does it still appear as unknown? Who knows perhaps they have just removed the wrong signature and the file has not been whitelisted, or Comodo may be using an incorrect procedure to handle these issues(you have to submit to different departments.lol)

Anyway given that you have been banned there, I suggest that you switch to another product where you can obtain better support.

Regards

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. PC_Pete

Thanks to the "chorus line" suggesting I use a different product - this is not my only PC. I was expecting an auto upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3 today but it isn't available yet. When it comes I'll recommence evaluating "the latest" CIS against a number of other products.

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I have Comodo Firewall installed with proactive protection on a virtual machine. That VM is hardly usable now with all these popups coming from TRUSTED files and processes.

11. syk69

syk69 Registered Member

PCPETE, you would have to submit it to be added to whitelist. Because from what I see all they did was correct the false positive. As much of a pain that is that looks to be the only way besides manually adding to trusted files for you not to get pop ups. I've noticed that even though the program says submitted unrecognized file unless its actual malware it will take either forever or never to get it added to whitelist because it has to be analyzed by actual person to make sure it can be trusted. So right now easiest way is submitting it in the comodo topic forum for that.

12. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

:mad: :mad: comodo have fail Aginst blizzard!

13. Wallaby

Wallaby Registered Member

Set Defence Security Level to "Clean PC mode"
    Then delete the files appearing in "Untrusted Files"
    It should go better ;)

14. carat

carat Guest

+1 :thumb:

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

D+ is a major pain in the XXX. I re-try CIS every time they release a new version, and I have the same frustrations with getting pop-ups on safe files.

Submitting the files/programs to them is a waste of time, because as soon as the company releases a new version, update, etc. CIS will start flagging the new files. I have submitted Process Explorer, Miro Player, and many others mutliple times. I'll see a response from one of their analyst that the request has "been processed", but the popups keep coming.

Their whitelisting system is broke, but if you try to tell that to Comodo they get upset with you, or ban you as in the case of Pete. Their CEO and supporters all think the program is perfect as is, so I have giving up on it.

16. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

comodo say blizzard Try like make dodds attacks wow.exe

17. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's just plain stupid. Aren't they working for the same security company? They should be coordinating efforts and not ask XYZ user to send them the same information twice. It's ridiculous.

Then again... I do remember the purple dot "issue". :D

18. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I was one of those that would try Comodo from time to time, but would get annoyed with too many prompts asking to allow or deny something that should have been white listed as safe applications. I would end up uninstalling Comodo every time, but I always wanted a more usable version because Comodo had a strong HIPS. I decided to try Comodo 5.0... and I have to say that after using it for the past 3 months i believe it to be one of the best firewalls i have ever used. It never annoys me with pop-ups anymore. I'm a huge Online Armor fan, but I decided to leave Comodo 5.0. installed on one of my machines because I liked it so much. I'm not saying your complaints are not valid, but all the issues I had in the past with Comodo except for a few have been fixed in version 5.0.. To be fair in all with both sides though it seems to be my observation that Comodo releases awesome builds that fixes the majority of problems experienced by their users, and then introduces new or repeat problems in new builds within a matter of months. That's why i'm sticking with the version I have for now. I always keep an archive of all the software I use, and backup images so if i don't like it after trying it I can just go back to what worked for me.

19. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I just installed CIS on a relative's laptop like a week ago after cleaning it up from a malware strike... 24 hrs after the installation was finished, it was gone... I decided it would be more productive to invest my time doing a clean OS re-install than having to deal with the non-sense whitelisting method file by file... not practical at all.

20. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I was using only firewall part of Comodo, no HIPS and other modules , but recently I removed Comodo product completely from my system.
    I think I'll never gonna use it again.
    They just dont give a ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ about their users, and they just keep shipping and shipping new cleaners, backups, registry utils and who knows what not.
    Of course, those products are always in beta, instead of fixing bugs or improving "older" products, they are constantly "busy" with making some other BS.
    Well, good luck and goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  21. smage

smage Registered Member

Ok guys no need to make a fuss out of it. If you choose to install a HIPS, do not expect it to be quiet.

If you have a product which you want to be whitelisted, post it in this thread. This will help to improve the usability of the product both for you and also for the average users.

Of course if you do not want do deal with this hassle, just switch to a different type of security software.

Regards

22. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Smage, You forgot to mention that there is no point to making a fuss +++ as Comodo won't listen anyway :p

Tho, I hope that Comodo will eventually wake up for the sake of both parties.

23. loverboy

loverboy Registered Member

@PCPete
    This is the solution.

What Defence Security Level are you using?
    Do you know what is the difference among all the 5 Defence Security Levels?
    Did you try them all?

24. shadek

shadek Registered Member

What bugs me is that even though I added some unknown .exe-files which I completely trust two months ago, they're still unknown to the Comodo cloud. So much for that function... Comodo staff doesn't even bother to check the files sent manually to cloud.

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

As I mentioned, this is pretty much a waste of time. As soon as the vendor updates the programs, you will have to resubmit it. So if you are using a program that updates itself often, you will be resubmitting it each time. Major PITA.

Here is the thread from last year: https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ou-want-to-be-made-trusted-here-t46391.0.html

162 pages, and many of those programs were submitted over, and over, and over.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.