Comodo popping noise

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hello people, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello people

hello people Registered Member

Hey...I am trialling COMODO AV and Firewall and it seems that whenever some sort of popup or some kind of action occurs (whether exploring the net or passively sitting on the desktop doing nothing) I hear a sound...the kind of sound you may hear when a dl finishes.

I have looked in the settings for COMODO but didn't see any sound settings...so is this something I can turn off?

thanks

2. hello people

Anyone?

It's like the sound when you put your finger in the inside of your cheek and pop...just a little sound like that.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you are using XP, check the sounds and audio devices in the Control Panel. What you are describing sounds like the system notification sound.

Attached Files:

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Based on your post number 2 I think Ronjor got it right, but sometimes I can hear some 'bleed through' like static coming through me speakers as my PC internals do their processingo_O . I know it sounds crazy but it is there and I got real good hearing.

It is not there all the time only during some functions. not consistent either

5. SA Jack

SA Jack Registered Member

Hi:
    Right-click the Comodo System Tray icon and see if "Display Balloon Messages" is checked. If I recall, by default it is NOT checked. Comodo updates its anti-virus several times during the day and each time there are are two (2) balloon tips (Updating the database, and finished updating). Even though you may have balloon tips turned off, it will someitmes still activate the sound associated with displaying the tip. -SA Jack

6. hello people

Thankyou...it is not checked.

Sometimes the sound seems to be random...it will pop several times in a short space of time...then nothing for a long time...some days not really at all.

Should I disable that system balloon thing? You are right...it is that sound.

I just want to get rid of it. If I can't I will uninstall COMODO and look for another option.

7. hello people

The other thing is...since I installed this COMODO software, youtube has been doggishly slow and regular pages that I visit have been opening up slower than nerd with braces at a meet and greet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.