Comodo nbdgram(138) and route(520)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by angelo_lopes, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

I'm running latest Comodo version on a Win XP SP2 OS and it keeps logging this (please see image)

comodo.PNG

192.168.1.1 is my ADSL router and also my DHCP server. I am not able to connect to my wireless LAN without disabling the firewall.
    Worst, I have no idea which rule to insert to override the problem.

Any idea?

TIA

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi Angelo :)

it could be:
    520/TCP efs - extended file name server
    520/UDP Routing - RIP

See the log detail and just create a rule to only allow that.

3. angelo_lopes

Olá!

How? Which Protocol(s), Source port(s), Destination port(s) please?

TIA

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello angelo_lopes,
    You will need to make network rules as you did for Activesync. But with this rule you will add the remote IP (your router)

Create first a rule to allow the UDP inbound on port 520. So the rule would be:-
    Allow in: UDP: remote IP 192.168.1.1 _remote port any: local IP any _local port 520

Set the rule, then check to see if you can then connect.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Olá! :D

É optimo poder falar português aqui! :D

Just select the entry, on Log section, and see the details to create the espefic rule.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9822/comodologuj8.png

6. alakazooo

alakazooo Registered Member

HellO!

I ask for a gentle mind to help me please. I've the same problem with comodo and my rooter (with wires). How can we create that rule that you're talking about?
    And by the way, if i've lost my username and my password to log-on the IP adress of my rooter, how can I find it?

Thanks to read and help me!

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello alakazooo,

With router, if you cannot remember password. Look for the re-set on the router. Press and hold. This will then give the router default settings (normally login/password as "admin")

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Go to detail log and see what you need to make your rule, like I described above.

Then go here and click Add.
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/238/comodonetworkmonitorwe8.th.png
    Choose protocol, direction, source ip and destination port:
    http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/407/comodorule1ja8.th.pnghttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4742/comodorule2sd9.th.png

Your rule will be the last on the list, so you have to select it and press "Move Up" until became the nº1 to avoid problems...

You will get more assistance on Comodo Forum... ;)

9. alakazooo

alakazooo Registered Member

THANKS A LOT!!Stem and Vampiric_crow for that ^I couldn't have imagine that fast^ answer

Just before I follow those nice illustrated steps, I just want to make sure that it's not someone who have already hacked my rooter (wich is probably not properly activated (didn't sent them my MAC adress and someone told me that it was important)) and now is only stoped by my firewall. It would be very bad to open the door for him.
    Does the hacking hypothesis is possible?
    I was asking that to myself because I think that the Port sound weird ( Port = upnp-mcast (1900) )
    I don't know a lot about networks and I try to learn a little bit so it would be nice if you could explain in few words what's that port.

For the rooter re-set... I've pushed the reset button then tried to log with username/pass:admin and it doesn't worked. I've also did same things but first i've hold the reset button for arround 47 seconds. Does my answer would be in the owners manual? My rooter is a D-Link (di-604)

By the way, what you large-knowledge guys think about jv16PowerTools ? I don't know what a registry defragmentation do...
    If you don't know the prog. and want to try it just ask me i'll send it on e-mail it's only 9 meg I think, it will be my way to help!

Thanks again

10. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This is uPnP. It is a way that hardware is found on the network (and comms made between them). There is a windows service "SSDP discovery service" that can be disabled (if not used), and the setting can usually be disabled in the router.

The default login/password should be in the user manual.

11. angelo_lopes

If... you did not change the original username/ password, you can search it here:
    http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html
    Otherwise do as Stem said. Reset the router

12. angelo_lopes

I was missing something important. I am not that much familiar with software firewalls. Years ago (Win95/ Win98 ) I used to use ZoneAlarm...

Whenever Comodo prompts a warning, it displays the number of warnings. I just selected Allow or Deny and Remember my answer for this application

My problem is it displays 1 of 18, 2 of 18, ... (e.g.) I only tick Remember my answer for the very first warning. This was my error.

And this brings me a problem. If the number of warnings keep increasing, it's possible, when I select Allow or Deny, it will increase and will not be "ticked" for all warnings. This is not very handy, isn't it? Also I can not say on a warning window Allow to 1 of 18 and Deny to 2 of 18.

You may ask What for will this guy want to do this, but I am still learning. Please be patient... :( ...and post your comments.

TIA,

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Angelo,

You can see the other displays by clicking on « or », and then you will see them.

I prefer this way because is much less annoying, and that alerts is only about one application at each time...

14. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, alakazooo

It Compacts the registry.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

15. angelo_lopes

Thanks VaMPiRiC_CRoW. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I know to navigate to the other displays or panels i have to click « or », but the number of "displays" keep increasing. I select "Remember...", I click Allow on "display" 7/7, and in the moment I click I see there 7/9, do you understand?

Fica bem ;)

16. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I understand.

You can suggest an option to only allow/deny each alert at time on Comodo Forum... ;)

Fica bem ;)

17. angelo_lopes

Thanks again. I am going to fresh install Comodo, now with all the knowledge you kindly gave me. Great forums, WSF! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Take care Pals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.