Comodo logging

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gagman, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gagman

gagman Registered Member

Hello All,

I am really surprised to see all those enthousiamic posts about Comodo.
    It's tru it has a lot of good points.
    But in my opinion, there is a real drawback :
    http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3893.0.html

I posted this thread in Comodo forum to see if there is a workaround to the following behavior :
    Comodo does not log application rules that allow trafic.

There is an option to log/not log network rules, but nothing for application rules. And the standard behavior is : log all blocked, do not log allowed.

Some of Comodo users here like to have a complete control of their computer/network. And logs are a very important part of a FW.
    So how to say Comodo is a one of the best FW, if Comodo doesn' t log everything we would like to ?

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Well, you added to the wishlist.:thumb:
    Thanks

3. gagman

gagman Registered Member

Yes, I added this point to the wishlist.

But what is surprising me is a the wilders community is recommended Comodo before all other FW (jetico or kerio too).
    If I'm doing some statistics on wilders posts, Comodo is the winner.
    Everytime, I can read the answer "COMODO" to the common question in wilders : "I need to change FW, what soft should I choose...".

I don't think Comodo FW is a bad product, but in my opinion, the non-logging feature on application rules is really a big issue, and I am very surprised a lot of advises are "go for Comodo", despite this issue.

Or am I the only one who cares about logs o_O Sure no. The wilders community seems to be very wise !

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Not everyone likes Comodo, and it doesn't have a majority here. Maybe the most popular, but you'll find lots of different opinions.
    Why is it popular: You install it in automatic, you pay zero, and you're protected. Great application control, component, and application behavior analysis (though some turn off the last). What you want to be included, you add to the wishlist, and they will read it and consider it.

The logs are good if you want to check how things are going (maybe something more, let me know). It's very useful. But if the rules are good, and i'm protected, i'll wait for version 3 patiently.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nice find! :)

Hope that v3.0 will add this feature as an option, because this will increase the recources usage...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.