Comodo IS Offer !!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AvinashR, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Here is the "Full Information"

I hope this is not the wrong place to spread this news, i am sure many of you'll find this helpful.

If MODS/ADMIN found this thread against TOS, then they are requested to delete it !! BTW IMO, its legit offer by the vendor. I am just spreading the news !!

Warm Regards

2. CIS Complete... 1 year free. It's an outstanding offer I sent Melih a PM my self. :thumb: :thumb:

3. chennemann

chennemann Registered Member

Finally some positive comments about Comodo. This is very nice offer...

4. AvinashR

Absolutely..No doubt on this !! I have also interacted with Melih first time and i must say that he's really nice by nature. :)

5. falkor

falkor Registered Member

I am guessing this contains their AV ? If so , that is as good as nothing . I thought the firewall was free . So what is worth $ 69.00 in this " Suite " o_O?

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Customer service, online advice and I think that wireless protection thing. Similar to a secure DNS. I believe. I could be wrong though. It happened once. Then I realized that Iwas wrong. ;)

7. AvinashR

TrustConnect™ Wi-Fi Data Encryption
    Remote Security & System Support
    Online Backup Stores Critical Files
    ID Theft Protection Up To $15,000
    Virus-Free Guarantee

8. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Please: no flame intended:
    OK, sure :)
    I see good intentions.

I'm not sure why you want to leverage Wilders there ?

MANY Wilders posters in the past vilified at Comodo for daring to analyse and critique Melih and Comodo. ;)

As usual Melih wanting to look great , and maybe some kudos if indeed he supplies FREE security tools to the third world and maybe joins the OLPC project in a formal way?

Maybe ... offers free tools to all High school students in USA and UK and Aus etc etc , maybe offers free tutorials to the 400 million potential suckers on face book, maybe fixes the Gulf oil spill ??

I actually have a kind of spooky regard for some of what Melih does.
    Otherwise the usual MelihMania syndrome imho:where is the angle ??.

@Avinash: try a search for here for Wilders and Melih history: frankly I am always hoping for a new beginning :)
    But there is history.
    AFAICR Melih actually banned here. ??
    Maybe there is some end point for ban...not sure

Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  9. AvinashR

Ahh..i am impressed the way you said everything !! Really you should be PR !!:) ..Seriously.

Anyways i know that he's banned long ago and even i know many other vendors are also banned from wilders. I have no comments on those matters.

1 thing i would like to suggest you never take anybody's comments in a negative way. You never know what intentions are behind that...:)

10. icr

icr Registered Member

Very nice offer for all the students. I'll spread it in my college campus. Being CR of my branch also helps in some way;)

11. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Seems it should be free . What is the big deal here ? I am not bashing anyone . I just see what there is to see . This is a weak offer at best . Free ? Looks like you get what you pay for . There is nothing to this .:cool:

12. falkor

falkor Registered Member

The angle is simple . Offering nothing for nothing and some folks think he is a Saint . This is just something for people to talk about . Get the name out . This IS is bogus for money . I have no use for it at the free cost . And would love to know more about the virus free guarantee . Seeing as how the AV is still awful .

13. bollity

bollity Registered Member

malwares are human sins , why i should pay my money fo fix other's sins.governments should get rid of those people. "somebody has to kill the babysitters".

14. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

That was exactly my idea.
    According to the Comodo site, the 'CIS Complete' feature 'Virus-Free Guarantee' holds;
    "If a PC that has Comodo Internet Security Complete installed becomes infected with a virus or malware and cannot be restored to working condition by our support team, we will cover the cost of repair by a Comodo certified service up to $500."

That does make it a serious offer imo.
    And I also just read on the CIS forum that the Comodo CEO Melih is enthusiastic about "donating CIS to computers being redistributed to Africa." (link).
    He is still talking about the CIS Complete 1 year license offering.

If he really will give this kind of support for a potentially big amount of third-world country PC users, he is to be lauded and much if not most of his criticized actions will be forgotten.
    If Comodo doesn't come through though, things might get really ugly on the PR front.

15. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Well..Well, when put in a corner and forced to eat that cake you baked
    is a real shame.... :D this is simply a last ditch effort to try and get back
    some of his rep that he has totally lost with past and future customer base!
    Everyone can see right through this!! Good Luck **Yawn**

16. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Longboard said:
    "frankly I am always hope for a new beginning."

Me too,but I thank concerning Comodo,it remains,
    same stuff(my first choice of words would be censored),different day.

Melihs concern for the "Third World" (thank you Zulfikar Ali Bhutto,for that catchy term) leaves me all choked up.

Quite the Bonny Fellow,that Melih!!

17. ratwing

ratwing Guest

@Baserk:

Ref:"If a PC that has Comodo Internet Security Complete installed becomes infected with a virus or malware and cannot be restored to working condition by our support team, we will cover the cost of repair by a Comodo certified service up to $500."

To satisfy that,they just need to say:

"Ok,dude your install is hosed,drag out your Windows CD,stick it in your DVD drive,follow the prompts,and in a couple of hours "you will be restored to working condition"!!!

"What you don't have your Windows CD? No Problemo!! Carry your machine to the nearest
    "Comodo certified service",and they will fix you right up.

You are in Houston you say? The nearest "Comodo certified service" is Bill's Bait&Tackle&Computers,Bangor Maine!!".

They could make the same offer with Comodo Time Machine!!

rat

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

19. Clench Tightly

Clench Tightly Registered Member

Sorry to burst a bubble, but Melih is already delivering on this promise.

Comodo has committed (in writing) to providing CIS Complete for more than 300 refurbished ex-Government PCs for a full year to a joint Australian Federal / New South Wales State Government program that will provide internet access via WiMax to remote indigenous communities in the Australian outback.

Regardless of what you think of Melih on a personal level, Comodo are to be praised for this initiative.

CT :)

20. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Clench,if you don't mind me asking,what is your user name on Comodo forums?

ps# there is absolutely nothing Melih could do, that would impact in the slightest, on what I feel about him on a "personal level".

rat

21. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

-http://www.youtube.com/user/languy99#p/u/0/yApJI7CnQWA-Special unboxing and 500$ thingy :eek:, so do we have panacea now?

this question must be against some Wilders policy...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  22. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Yeah,probably.
    A real man would answer anyway.

We can only wait for a moderator to see for sure.

23. Einsturzende

yes right, but if not I would like to ask:

You Mr. are for sure Outpost Security support forum moderator?

24. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Einsatzkommando:
    (sorry about any misspelling, too much Sturm und Drang in German language!!)

Who are you on Comodo forums?
    (If you do not mind me asking?)

rat

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  25. Einsturzende

I am theirs unofficial and self-proclaimed forum DEModerator

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.