COMODO Internet Security 3.8.65951.477 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by 3xist, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xist

3xist Guest

Forum Post.

Hi Guys,

We have just released 3.8.65951.477 which addresses a couple of critical issues reported by the users last week.

What's new in this release?
    ---------------------------
    FIXED! Applications do not run when CIS is installed in Vista 64
    FIXED! BSOD in Windows XP 64 when NWLink protocol is installed
    FIXED! Defense+ conflicts with certain security applications
    FIXED! Firewall does not filter traffic on some dialup/adsl adapters
    FIXED! AV crashes while scanning certain files
    FIXED! AV exclusions do not work

CIS automatic updater is going to download and install the updates for the existing users.

Important Note for Windows Vista Users Upgrading From Older Versions

The Windows Vista users, who have CIS version 3.5.57173.439 or older installed(32 and 64 bit), are going to have 2 updates because of the nature of this release.

* The first update is going to update some critical files that are necessary in order to continue with the second update.
    * Then the second update is going to finalize the upgrading process to version 3.8.65951.477

Download locations:

32-bit
    ------
    URL:
    http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.8.65951.477_XP_Vista_x32.exe
    Size: 32.6 MB (34,280,712 bytes)
    MD5: a8f80d42e5b6db4dc9a14736d0b5af8c
    SHA1: 189d89c10f4adf6e249883222d7adf0158128b95

64-bit
    ------
    URL:
    http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.8.65951.477_XP_Vista_x64.exe
    Size: 46.5 MB (48,813,832 bytes)
    MD5: a85f08d7498608f8f8e2fd6683af0954
    SHA1: 1451573239d82c0a9334a882a9130d6d7a0334d4

Regards,
    Egemen

2. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Smooth as silk!

Ice

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Ditto

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

10x for the info 3xist :)

5. lazydogmot

lazydogmot Registered Member

Looks like some are still having problems even with this update. I will wait a week or so before I even think of updating to .477. I got BSOD from .471 and had to go back to v3.5 to get this computer working again. A little gun shy.
    Tom

6. country2

country2 Registered Member

Installed it on my Vista 64 and set it up for training mode and ran all my apps even AA AE. Rebooted and set everything to safe mode and had some of my apps not start up thought to myself that it was not fixed. Looked at the logs but strangely nothing was reported as being blocked and nothing was even shown in the firewall log at all.

Had to manually set them as trusted (again they all were just ran in training mode) so I should not have to do this. Rebooted leaving it in safe mode and everything worked except for Avira antivirus (did not install CIS antivirus). Again looked at the logs and nothing about it being blocked and it still was listed as a safe app. Again went back to learning mode mode added it again as safe, set CIS back to safe mode and rebooted and everything works now.....so far....

7. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Same here on XP sp2! :thumb:

8. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

The last several versions of CIS would not work on my Vista basic laptop.
    Well I just installed 477 on it and it booted right up. :D
    Running great at this time.

Thanks to all the people at Comodo for their hard work and efforts. :thumb:

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

3xist,

I even tried CIS, see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=234443 runs great (better) in this setting :p

After install I browsed the comodo forum and found another great post of Melih. I though the Comodo Leak Test was a marketing tool (Comodo scores 100%, competitors may not, so Comodo is best). But he actually Melih asks his users to test it to check misconfiguration. :eek:

Pitty the CLT itself is not very accurate, it claims succes on dubious observations: to name one: vulnarable to direct disk access is only tested with read, not write :D So when a competitor has a more defensive and useable implementation by checking on direct disk WRITE access, it will fail miserably on this test :blink: ).

Melih is a great CEO, not only does he provide great software for free, the man is also a great stand up comedian, and he writes a great blog. A must read IMO.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  10. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Downloaded and installed CIS 3.8.65951.477 with the Threatcast option yesterday and I'm loving it.
    I experienced a couple of problems with the previous version I tried (3.8.64739.471), particularly a glitch involving FPs and the ability to permanently exclude items from a full scan.

Version ...477 seems to have corrected those annoyances and is- so far- running as smoothly as anything I've tried in a while; a remarkable achievement for a Beta version of something as complicated as a security suite.

Along with those improvements, the AV scanner seems to be faster, and I know I'm getting fewer pop-ups.

Well done, Comodo ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Been having problems on my wife's ASSU laptop since the update last week.
    There were instances of the Desktop not loading (Black screen & pointer) and an occasion where Vista was trying to configer updates and had stuck.

I had also noticed Comodo was "updating" far to regular, about 3 times in consecutive days!. So I tried a reinstall. Comodo updated again.... so there is something not quite right with 477 on Vista.

However on XP, no problems at all! I've installed another firewall on the laptop.

12. NTxLS

NTxLS Registered Member

I have been with Comodo for a very long period, not sure exactly maybe 2 years? This New ability has been a bit of a hassle with AV included. Need to turn off all Realtime monitors and leave only one on, Comodo so far has been my choice. Have had several FPs and posted on their site without any reply yet. Also found that you have the ability to IGNORE or do other procedures on any Virus found, or FP. All seems to have settled in and are working just fine, some of the FPs were from GRC Dot Com, DiamondCS, SysInternals, Spybot Search & Destroy and TeaTimer. Software I have been using for several years, some maybe 6 to 10 years, with updates of course, that have been very reliable.

Just my experiences with Comodo,

13. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Just an update to my earlier post.
    On XP SP2 it's still running great with no problems.
    However, on my laptop running Vista basic, well that's another story.
    Started out very well but the reboot problems came up again.
    It reboots up to the pre screen of my desk top and sits there until I give up on it.
    Also had some problems with the updates not completeing.
    Needless to say it's off my laptop again.
    Have yet to find a version that works as well on Vista as XP.
    Even close.
    Maybe the next version...?
    I don't think I'll hold my breath. :) ;)
    In fairness to Comodo, I blame Vista more even though it would be nice if Comodo responded to the posts of problems users are having.

14. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Hi Danny I mod over on Comodo so if you PM me there (same username) I'll look into the issue for you.

15. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Thanks.
    Sent pm. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.