COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468 Released - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Malcontent, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

http://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3864263468_released-t34345.0.html

This is from the official forum. The new version has not been put up on the website yet. Only linked in the forums. It is the FINAL version as well.

Good news! We have just released COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468.

What's New in this version?
    NEW! COMODO Threatcast - COMODO's community based alerts statistics
    NEW! Native Vista Firewall - Improved Firewall with Windows Vista enhancements
    NEW! Native Vista HIPS - Improved HIPS compatible with Windows Vista enhancements
    NEW! Buffer Overflow Prevention - Defense+ can now detect and prevent one of the most common attacks used by attackers: shellcode injection
    NEW! Antivirus Heuristics: The Antivirus engine now includes heuristics scanning capabilities
    NEW! Proxy server settings for AV and program updates
    IMPROVED! Trusted software vendor list is expanded, capable of detecting thousands of applications generically without any signatures
    IMPROVED! Revised AV engine - AV engine scanning and updating speed increased significantly
    IMPROVED! File submission engine has been redesigned

Impact of this release for the existing users

Automatic updates for this release will be available for the existing users starting from the next week. When the automatic updater is used:

* Threatcast will NOT be enabled by default. The users will need to activate this feature manually.
    * Existing configurations will be preserved.

If you do not want to wait until the updates are available, you may uninstall the existing version and install this version.

We would like to thank all of our BETA testers whose quality assurance ans cooperation made this release possible.

Download locations

32-Bit Setup
    URL: »download.comodo.com/cis/download···_x32.exe
    Size: 33.7 MB (35,355,400 bytes)
    MD5: bafbff2efa37dbbc3a000b1a2d50bbb8
    SHA1: 9552557d63ced15ccee1deb3c76db986f00cd0aa

64-Bit Setup
    URL: »download.comodo.com/cis/download···_x64.exe
    Size: 47.8 MB (50,144,008 bytes)
    MD5: b34fe2cab3d9396158714792e0847517
    SHA1: 4b3d27ad65633b4f719e911159efe62111c669be

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Sounds good. I am going to give it a try.

3. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

5. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

It was probably posted in the firewall section because that's what comodo originally was, ;)

The anti-virus part is rather new,

So comodo is still for the most part used as a firewall,

Since it's a suite it could probably be posted in any of the sub forums since it is a firewall it is an anti-virus and it is an anti-malware software :D

6. progress

progress Guest

and rather bad in detection :rolleyes: They should buy an engine from one of the big companies :thumb:

7. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Not that new, its been in beta for years now when VIPRE publicly is alot newer but seems to do a great job.

8. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

May be third time right?

Comodo AV V1 was a disappointment
    version 2 never came out of beta and should have had HIPS also
    Version 3 is here combined with their firewall.

Good thing it checks the intrusions (so you know when a bad guy did something), it also has a whitelist of programs, so it should become quiet now.

I am going to try CIS on the Vista64 gaming PC. Set UAC to quiet mode and DEP on. Not the first 3.8 but a few releases later (often 3rd sub release is okay after a major release). I think it is okay for a freeware to launch release candidates as finals, it reduces their testing cost, and we got it for free anyway. I can't believe the testing is done so badly at Comodo (so it is just a cost reduction).

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No this engine is rather new.

10. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

What detection tests have you carried out?

Not much point in buying something you then give away I think. Why would anyone do that?

11. normishmael

normishmael Guest

I would thank someone who had stated his company intended to have one of the best AV's on the market within one year of its intoduction,might be at
    that stage by now.
    As far as tests,would any that showed a low detection rate for Comodo be acceptable?

And other than: "its good!! Its really,really Good!!" and of course: "I trust Melih!!"

Do you have tests showing even a fair detection rate?

As far as the cost for a new engine,I know Comodo gets its prostylization/advertising
    for free,but are the developers working free as well?
    A third party engine may be more cost efficient.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  12. Iam_me

Iam_me Registered Member

13. normishmael

normishmael Guest

OK.
    The Malware Research Group 91.4% malware and 90.0% on adware spyware is at least fair detection.
    (even if it amounted to #13 out of 15.)

The VirusInfo Testing showed Comodo to be a match for Clam.(which is really all the antivirus anyone needs....on Ubuntu)

14. xandros

xandros Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.