Comodo IceDragon ver. 13.0 is now available for download!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by khanyash, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

As the number of internet threats increases, users are faced with choosing a browser which fits both their security needs and meets their particular browsing necessities.

In an attempt to meet the different requirements of users we're happy to announce the release of the new Comodo IceDragon browser!!!

The browser is built on the Mozilla browser core and combines the basic functionalities of the original code with the Comodo security features.

In this first release we have included the basic security features such as Comodo Secure DNS ( only on wide-system ) and Site Inspector. The Site inspector functionality has been extended to allow users to scan a link in Site Inspector from the context menu.

Realizing the importance of social interactions through various social networks, the social media feature has been integrated in Comod IceDragon allowing users to share links on several social networks.

IceDragon combines these features with a sleek interface, providing a seamless browsing experience.

KNOWN ISSUES

- The "Restore" button on windows XP is not also displayed when hovering the mouse cursor above it.
    - Importing data from Comodo Dragon is not possible yet.
    - Importing data from Mozilla Firefox is only available during the installation of Comodo IceDragon and may not work in some cases.
    - Minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:
    ----------------------------------------
    Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:
    ----------------------------------------

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Size: 26.1 MB (27,371,336 bytes)
    MD5: 5236f89909b37aec926fea2e66ccd383
    SHA1: 73cdb6279020a077904278aa3845aa19c59acc94

2. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

wow that's seem cool icedragon i never hear of it before anyway
    wonder when the ancient dragon or elder dragon gonna be released

the cool geeky thing is Emsisoft to release a Dovikin browser xD

BTW there it's a bit misleading names for an instance how could an ice Dragon be Built on a Firefox :S
    it should be Firedragon :)

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I read somewhere...

Ice kills Fire

Dragon eats Fox

So I guess IceDragon:)

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I installed it in Sandboxie, and it's just Firefox with a few different logos. Adblock Plus and Lastpass addons worked fine, but my favorite appearance addon (Black Fox Blue) didn't work at all. I didn't see anything that would make me use this as my everyday browser.

I guess it's an OK idea, but it seems to me that it's just another distraction that Comodo doesn't need.;)

5. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

Ugh, I'll go stand in the 'totally frickin unnecessary' line.

Here's an interesting oops. That's the Chrome/Dragon updater. :p
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2eb629x.png

Editing b/c IceDragon really does use Google's Omaha updater like Dragon does. I have IceDragon in a virtual machine now and icedragon_updater.exe is indeed what updates the browser. I wonder why Comodo did that instead of modifying the Firefox updater.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  6. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Quite ingenious i think as it makes people aware of them ;)

7. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

Once again Comodo want's to embrace the world but the finger tips won't touch each other.

I wish they would manage to recognise their strenghs (CIS and some other core apps).

Maybe it's time to give their CEO a good dose of calm down pills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.