Comodo FW W/Def+ Or Comodo FW & ProSecurity:

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by apathy, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I bought Prosecurity a while back and I really like it. I tried out Geswall and a few others but I really like Comodo FW but Defense+ doesn't give you much information compared to ProSec. Currently I use Avira AV/Comodo w/ProSecurity. Which of the two combinations is the more secure?

2. InVitroVeritas

InVitroVeritas Registered Member

Objectively, I'd say the one you're most familiar with, the one of which the settings and hips rules you know the best and/or have already tweaked to your needs.

On a more and just personal opinion, I'd favor Prosecurity over D+, without hesitation. But I'm sure you'll hear different opinions. :cool:

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

ProSecurity is the best HIPS around. It also has network module so I think u might not need CFP at all. Use PS with Windows FW and that might be enough.

If u insist to use a full fledge FW then use CFP without D plus. PS is better than D Plus as a HIPS I think. The only thing I don,t like in PS is the GUI.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Aigle agree but,

CFP and D+ has the advantage of using the white list with D+ also so my choice woudl be CFP with D+ or PS only (not CFP with PS)

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

ProSecurity is a 1-man shop, & that 1-man has been incommunicado since early February. As for D+, Comodo has the staffing & $$ to stay in the game. I'm not sure that PS does.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Agree!

Agree too. :)

This is one of the reasons that I have choosen D Plus over EQS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.