Comodo Forums?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by john martin, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john martin

john martin Registered Member

Recently I registered an account at COMODO forums, then it said I must wait for someone to approve my account.
    I waited a few days and recieved no e-mail, so tried to sign into the forums, and it said it could re-send my validation email? It never offered or sent me a validation e-mail the first time, so this was confusing.

I received the validation e-mail and finally logged into the forums.

I submitted a bug / feature request and a moderator conversated with me in the thread.
    The moderator approved my bug report / feature request and moved it into the "properly formated section"
    The moderator even fine tuned my initial post for me so the developers could get to the point.

Today I tried to log into the forums to check on the status and got this message:
    "Sorry johnnydoesit, you are banned from using this forum!
    Spamming or Suspected Spamming...
    This ban is not set to expire."

I have absolutely no clue what could have caused this, but I was absolutely not spamming and this is frustrating.

I didn't know where to submit this to other than create a support ticket on comodo main website and choose 'other'.

Don't know if they will take care of this or not, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any of these issues?

Almost seems like Comodo is trying to prevent people from registering and ban people who submit bugs.
    Comodo, or someone at Comodo. Something fishy, or just really buggy :S

Not feeling the love Mr.Melih!

2. guest

guest Guest

At least we know one member here who gets banned for pretty much the same confusion of why he got banned out of a sudden: RejZoR. I wonder if you can contact Mr. Melih himself and tell him about this? There must be a way to directly contact the site admin.

EDIT: Oh hey, missed the part that says you have already submitted a support ticket. Sorry. Well, let's just wait then. This actually has caught my interest since apparently most people don't get this sort of problem.

3. john martin

Best way to get in touch with Melih is ... the forums LOL
    Thx for response though :)

Maybe someone will bring this to Melih's attention and he will pay us a visit here :)

My initial issue with CIS was that on XP64 the behavior blocker (auto sandbox) has no option to disable it. Everything is fine until you are installing something (in installer mode) and part of the installation gets auto-sandboxed. Then, the whole installation is ruined and you are only left with the option "Do not sandbox again".

I found a method someone else posted in the comodo forums which uses a registry modification, but there should be a better option than this.

(The issue is that CIS Sanbox options doesn't fully support XP 64, but the way they implement this is buggy)

4. john martin

5. guest

guest Guest

When I opened that link...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I meant some sort of "Contact Us" option. Wilders Security Forum has one.

Anyway, does excluding a folder of the auto-sanboxing protection help? If I'm not being mistaken you can do installations from that excluded folder to make it uninterrupted.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  6. john martin

I found a post on comodo forums that allows me to completely disable the sandbox.
    It had to be this way, because it auto-sandboxes and asks questions later.
    I'm fine with this, but requested an option in the actual settings of the software to do this, or a work around, other than registry editing.

Did you try logging into the comodo forums to view it?

7. guest

guest Guest

No. I don't have an account in there and I never will. I just don't like being bound with a product and I can freely stop using a product when I wanted to without thinking of my account in the support forum.

Interesting, it's quite an informative post/thread yet it's hidden from public views. :ninja:

8. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Possible cause ?
    Are you possibly using proxy or similar ip hiding browser extension/s ?
    They have blacklisted lots of these ip ranges on their servers.

9. john martin

I use BolehVPN. I used it to signup though.

10. guest

guest Guest

i think you don't miss much by not having an account in comodo forum, why? because you will avoid :

"hey when the next beta?" then when the next beta is released "awesooooooome , Comodo is the best ! by the way , hey when the final release?" then because comodo devs have to fix 300 bugs at each release you will see "be patient we are working on a new uber feature but the bugs observed 2 years ago wil be iron soon" then 3 months later " hey when the final version, it is way too long" etc...etc...

:D

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

People at Comodo just ban everyone just for not liking you. Don't even bother with their gigantic egos. I've never seen anything like it and i'm a member of like 30 forums.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

Thats probably the root of the problem. For whatever reason the IP or IPs range got banned (not linked to anything you did or post) and you are now impacted... before making too much FUD try to connect from another IP / Not VPN and see if you can log-in...

For what it counts, I can perfectly log-in and view the post... so no hiding of the issue :)

13. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

You can do what fax suggest. Alternatively, yoy can create another account (while using BolehVPN) and don't submit bug report. Wait a while and see if the new account gets banned.

14. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Hey john martin, I sent a PM to chiron over at the comodo forum. I'll let you know what happens.

15. john martin

Doens't seem to matter what IP I login with now that my account has been banned :S Thx for suggestions though!

Thx for help kjdemuth!

If they don't un-ban my original account I'll just have to stop using Comodo. Security forums have no right to ban users for using a VPN that is not COMODO VPN!

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Have you cleared cookies from their forum? If you haven't yet, do that.

Their main issue is the fact that their moderators are apparently kids. Nowhere i've ever been banned for anything, even for harsh critics, because when i criticize something, i know i'm right. On Comodo forums, several times. They aren't even smart enough to still allow you to report false positives and apps to be whitelisted. And without that, there is no point in using their software, because any other channel, even submission through app results in months of waiting for anything to be done. And because of that very reason i've stopped using it. They just banned me out of the blue without any explanation. Apparently i stepped on some teenagers toes and he banned me. Hilarious. What's more shocking is that Comodo staff, the actual official one is apparently fine with such childish behavior.

17. john martin

Update: Clearing my cache (kjdemuth recommended this via PM earlier, just finally tried it) did the trick!
    For some reason, I am able to log in now (still using BolehVPN).

Thanks all for the help and support, much appreciated!

(Also, I got two responses from COMODO support team, so between all that somehow my account is working now)

18. john martin

Everyone over here at Wilders has always been intelligent and kind towards each other and very professional.
    Very good atmosphere here and lots of solid helpful people.

I use to come to these forums a while back, but lost my old passwords and never had many posts so I just made this new account.

RejZoR, I saw your posts over at the Comodo Forums and you have valid points :)
    Also, RejZoR, you used to / still do code trainers/patches for computer games? Seems like that name looks familiar :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.