Comodo firewall with Windows Defender?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Aug 18, 2019.

1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am considering adding Comodo's firewall to my Windows Defender antivirus. I'd like to know if anyone has this combo and any issues or settings I should consider?

2. aldist

aldist Registered Member

No problem. Windows Defender when updating its build changes the installation path, so the firewall rule will need to be modified. Try using wildcards in rules.

3. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

you don't need WD if you use CruelSister's config for Comodo.

4. B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/ Registered Member

No problems between Comodo Firewall, Windows Defender and Appcheck on my test ring 1. (on Windows 8.1 WD is weaker than in 10, so Appcheck is covering it with his anti-exploit/rollback capabilities despite Comodo is strong enough to work alone).

Comodo Firewall, Kaspersky Free 2020 and MBAE on my test ring 2 are working great too (but the System Watcher is a bit too aggressive and I reported several problems. The issues appears mainly when installing new software). MBAE may be a bit unnecessary since the System Watcher provides some kind of exploits protection though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.