Comodo Firewall using cloud scanner??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by treehouse786, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

hi folks, recently started using comodo firewall only with defence plus disabled (and loving it) but i have noticed that the firewall is detecting 'malicious' exe's using the comodo cloud scanner, is this normal? it cant be as the 'malicious' exe was able to run anyway.
    i do not have the antivirus component installed. see screenshot for clarification

is there anyway to turn the cloud scanner off?

screenshot here

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Are you sure Defense+ is completely disabled? That setting is under Defense+.

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Make sure that you have the tick-box checked for: "Deactivate the Defense + permanently (Requires a system restart)", on top of having the slider set to "Disabled".

If you do have it this way, then I don't understand how it's doing that without the AV or D+. It shouldn't be.

4. treehouse786

yes defence plus is completely disabled and has been since install (they give you that option during install)

edit- reinstall did not resolve issue

Attached Files:

5. bollity

bollity Registered Member

Go to execution control settings then disable it and uncheck all oprtions.
    I still need an answer from comodo why this part of defence+ is active even if the defense+ is permanently deactivated.

6. treehouse786

many thanks, that did the trick :thumb:

must be a bug or oversight

7. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I can understand why some people would only want the Anti-executable part of D+ and not the rest of it. So I think it's a good thing that you can still use only it without the rest. But, it is misleading. One would think that disabling D+ would in turn disable all components in it. So that creates kind of an impasse.

Perhaps there's a way they can explain in the interface that disabling D+ will not disable the execution control, or separate the tasks somehow?

8. treehouse786

i was thinking along the same lines so i fired up one of my VM's and installed comodo antivirus with defence plus/sandbox disabled but i left execution control on and 'treat unrecognised files' was put to 'block' but malware was still able to execute??

shouldn't turning 'treat unrecognised files' to 'block' stop malware from executing? if not then what is it's function?

9. treehouse786

realised that defence plus needs to be running for the 'treat unrecognised files' option to work which means that the cloud scanner working when defence plus is disabled is a bug and not a feature, otherwise all aspects of the execution would function and not just the cloud scanner, hope i made sense.

feel free anyone to let comodo know about this.

10. guest

guest Guest

The cloud scanner is not related with D+ status
    If you don't want to use the cloud scanner uncheck this 2 settings in the Execution Control Settings window

Automatically scan unrecognized files in the cloud
    Perform cloud based behavior analysis of unrecognized files

More details:
    http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-206-2042-Execution-Control-Settings.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.