Comodo Firewall ProVersion 3.0 Any good?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by truthseeker, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Is Comodo Firewall ProVersion 3.0 good for Vista?

It is FREE, so I assume it's not that good.

Any opinions?

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

No It's Crap :cautious: . Well it used to be Ok untill they messed with it, now it gets on your damn nerves with its constant file checking every restart :mad:

3. kingsway

kingsway Registered Member

In corporate security software market, free means bad or not so good. But in personal desktop security field, it may be a little different. As for personal software firewalls, Online Armor and PCTools are all free but good choices .
    Now, comodo V3 includes a firewall and a full HIPS module. It is not easy to find a commercial product like that for personal desktop application.
    However, it still needs improvement. For instance, the file checking mechnism mentioned as above, I think it will be better if they apply a MD5/SHA-1 checking as they have already done in the Version 2.4.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

The Comodo V3 firewall is just about the best available. The good thing is that it is free. It has everything that I want in a firewall and I use Vista HP.

5. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Just wait until next week when 3.1 will be released. Some really neat features and improvements will come (2.4 mode, pending files fixed up, maybe even the sneak peek cavs3 engine). :D.

6. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Free means free. A product is of certain quality, and it has a price. It is not necessary that these 2 attributes (quality and price) are related.

I would like to see MD5/SHA checks in Comodo too. But the problem is that 2.4 had a simple CRC mechanism, which as far as I know is already exploited.

7. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

so next week 3.1 is coming out?

when i had XP i was very happy with 2.4.

but now that i have Vista i had problems with avast and Comodo so i im waiting for it to be more stable with maybe more features and easier to use.

Hopefully 3.1 will do all these things better :)

8. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Thats a false statement. Many programs are great that are free. AVG,Avast,Antivir. Look here. Comodo is one of the best if not the best firewalls out there.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2236657,00.asp

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I was useing Outpost Pro 2008, full price is 49.95 for 1 year and it is riddled with bugs (which is not good :D ). I am now useing Comodo firewall Pro 3.0, and it works very good. Sure there are annoyances, but they will very soon be gone. Is Outpost Pro 2008 full of bugs better because it is paid than a bug free Comodo Firewall Pro 3 just because it is free? Comodo Firewall Pro 3 IS better, and it is free which is just icing on the cake.

10. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

So Dieselman. When did you decide to comback to Comodo instead of ZA? LOL. Glad to see you have though. It will only get better and I believe it does provide a good amount of protection.

11. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Its in my other posts. ZA was srewing with my Logitech gaming software and would not let it load on every 5-6 boot up.

12. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I did like ZAAS, but the more I use CPF 3.0 the more I like it. There is a bug or three that crops every now and then, but nothing bad. I hear the next version should address any remaining ones, but more importantly the My Pending Files barrage is supposed to be fixed. I feel comfortable with CPF and the more I read the help file the more I understand things. Take care, and I don't want to see any I keep coming back to Online Armor thread, at least not started by you. LOL.

13. xandros

xandros Registered Member

comodo firewall pro its very easy to use
    on my pc i put online armor free
    on my another pc my brother use it i put comodo firewall pro coz its easy to use and my brother dont know any thing about firewall.
    comodo pro install it and forget it.
    good comodo firewall easy

14. subset

subset Registered Member

Are you sure it wasn't Sygate Pro ;)

Don't think CFP with Defense+ is very easy to use or a set it and forget it app.
    I only refer to the user-friendliness and simplicity of CFP.
    To avoid any misunderstanding.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.