Comodo Firewall - Keep Port Settings and....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Webby, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Hi all,

Some advice needed please, I've eventurly managed to get all my port settings as I want them and now wish to restart some CF settings.

What I mean is I want to set all those Pop up windows to default and go through them again. I know I've clicked on many without looking at the threat warning.... bad boy!

Anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks Webby

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello Webby :)

Please post a screenshot of your application rules. We can then advise which ones should be deleted, so you can start from scratch.

Cheers.

3. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Hi Seer,

Errrrr I may have put my foot in it now, I suppose posting a screenshot would let the world know what programs I'm running.... oh err emmm, right...

Ok I’ve made a command decision, I shall write down all the port settings I have (very carefully) and reinstall Comodo Firewall.

Webby backs of carefully and closes the door behind him, in a silent whisper he says... thanks Seer don't mention this post to anbody else, it's our secret :)

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

So? You will not be compromised in any way by doing this. It is the only way I (or anybody else) can see what rules you created. Believe me, you will not be the first one who posted his ruleset here.

But ok, I may have gone over the line a bit by asking this. Your privacy is your own thing, and if you think that posting a ruleset can be compromising, I can't do anything but concur.

If you are basically asking if there's a master "reset" switch in Comodo that will revert the settings to their defaults, I am not aware of one. One thing you can do at this point is probably reinstalling the firewall.

Good luck and cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.