Comodo Firewall - Keep Port Settings and....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Webby, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Hi all,

Some advice needed please, I've eventurly managed to get all my port settings as I want them and now wish to restart some CF settings.

What I mean is I want to set all those Pop up windows to default and go through them again. I know I've clicked on many without looking at the threat warning.... bad boy!

Anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks Webby

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello Webby :)

Please post a screenshot of your application rules. We can then advise which ones should be deleted, so you can start from scratch.

Cheers.

3. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Hi Seer,

Errrrr I may have put my foot in it now, I suppose posting a screenshot would let the world know what programs I'm running.... oh err emmm, right...

Ok I’ve made a command decision, I shall write down all the port settings I have (very carefully) and reinstall Comodo Firewall.

Webby backs of carefully and closes the door behind him, in a silent whisper he says... thanks Seer don't mention this post to anbody else, it's our secret :)

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

So? You will not be compromised in any way by doing this. It is the only way I (or anybody else) can see what rules you created. Believe me, you will not be the first one who posted his ruleset here.

But ok, I may have gone over the line a bit by asking this. Your privacy is your own thing, and if you think that posting a ruleset can be compromising, I can't do anything but concur.

If you are basically asking if there's a master "reset" switch in Comodo that will revert the settings to their defaults, I am not aware of one. One thing you can do at this point is probably reinstalling the firewall.

Good luck and cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.