Comodo firewall ignoring exclusions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mekelek, Aug 21, 2018.

1. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

For those that saw my signature but had no idea what i'm on about, this thread will shine some light on the stuff.
    Since I ran out of ideas how to solve this, I thought asking here is the last resort.

So I had a Comodo FW(10.2 version, 11 is a POS) combo with ESET, ESET can be disregarded in this matter.
    I have an application that has anti-tampering measurements and after setting said application as a trusted/allowed/excluded application inside Comodo FW, it still refuses to leave it alone and attempts to open a handle to it.

I tried disabling every module of Comodo, tried exiting it, tried shutting it's service down, nothing helped. Well one thing helped, uninstalling it completely.

Does anyone know how to force Comodo to stop tampering with applications entirely? or is it even possible?

Other AVs obey exclusions, reinstalled KIS 2019 and it's fine and dandy, I just can't get used to the new KSN rules of Application control, they made it so strict it's worse than a default-deny :D:D

2. lolnothankyou

lolnothankyou Registered Member

Can you even trust Comodo? I thought they are in the data harvesting business.

3. mekelek

i usually think like this: would you rather fear a proper company of potential stealing stuff than malware that is made by an anonymous guy that will 100% steal from you.

4. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

And why would you limit yourself to those two options?

5. guest

guest Guest

Excluded in every comodo modules?

6. mekelek

yea even the ones that are disabled.

7. mekelek

cause in reality these are the only two options?

8. guest

guest Guest

not surprising, back in V8 Comodo already ignored some exclusions or files set as trusted; one reason i ditched it.

9. mekelek

happening with 10.2 and 11 too, tried everything, even almost bricked my windows with disabling "auto allow trusted files" lmao

10. guest

guest Guest

and you didn't crossed yet the 10+ years old bug when "out-of-the-blue" all your rules & settings will reset to a blank slate LOL

11. mekelek

prepared for that, have the settings exported. i would be very happy with going back to KIS but the 2019's KSN rules are ridicolously strict, every install/uninstall has a blocked .bat or .exe and can't even configure it to ask before blocking.

12. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

@mekelek, I think this is the setting you want:

Settings --> Advanced Protection --> Miscellaneous --> Disable shellcode injection detection for these applications

13. mekelek

wait, that says Disable and not enable, waaait a second

I **** LOVE YOU, IT WORKED

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.