Comodo firewall 5.12

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hi,
    Im using comodo firewall 5.12 alongside avast 8 free av and this seems a wonderful combo.
    I was using cis6 but i prefer the firewall section of 5.12 as it shows all the details i need in a better format.
    How long realistically can i carry on using the 5.12 firewall until it is deemed insecure.?
    Thank you.

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

If you are referring just to the firewall part, I'd say that you could use pretty much forever :) The only problem that I could foresee is that somebody finds a serious, exploitable vulnerability in the firewall engine, and then it's game over.

If you are using the HIPS part also, you will be able to use it until a serious attack that bypasses the HIPS will be discovered.

Note: "Serious" means that it is an attack/exploit that you deem to be a security issue for you.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

@nebulus.
    Thank you for the reply.I find the 5.12 firewall has a better layout when used purely for the firewall function.The new version has features i do not particularly need or want,like full virtualization etc.
    I have turned off the comodo sandbox as avast has one also.I have left the HIPS turned on.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.