Comodo Errors on Bootup

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bamaman66, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

When I bootup I get the following two errors:

1. Error 0x0: failed for C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\application data\Comodo\firewall pro\data\Resfiles\btnDisabled.PNG

2. ERROR: Error while extracting services from C:\program files\comodo\firewall\cfpres.dll
    aborting application

What can I do to solve this problem?

2. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Re-install. This is not usually a bug caused by comodo itself. Other programs modify the files from their exact state which causes comodo to go crazy and ignore to load it. I defragged once which caused this but a restart fixed it somehow. Any recently installed programs?

3. gismo999

gismo999 Registered Member

also on a side note....

make sure you download from Comodo....some sites have the wrong version on them.

4. bamaman66

I uninstalled it and reinstalled and everything seems fine. I had done this before without solving the problem. I used revo uninstaller at the most thorough mode.

5. secured_pc

secured_pc Registered Member

To resolve these errors, you could also click on 'Diagnostics' under the 'Miscellaneous' tab.

I had those errors before and was either resolved by the above method or a reboot.

6. bamaman66

I ran the diagnostics and no error showed. I thought I had the problem solved and it showed up again. I am going to try reinstalling it tomorrow. It seems to be an intermittent error.

7. secured_pc

secured_pc Registered Member

Are you using the latest version 3.0.14.276? Is your Defense+ turned on?

If you intend to reinstall the firewall, try to use the uninstaller that came with the Comodo (not the third-party ones) to uninstall. After uninstallation is complete, do a reboot first and then use CCleaner to clean up your registry. Then proceed to reinstall.

The last time I gotten such an error was when I installed Adobe Acrobat 8. After running the diagnostics and then a reboot, the problem went away.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  8. bamaman66

I have Defense + activated and I am using the 276 version. I will try the comodo installer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.