Comodo: Error 108

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I get this error when I try and update. Apparently, I haven't received an update in ages as I see the updater in the system tray try and update, then quickly stops and goes away. So today, I thought, what the hell, and tried manually updating. All I get is error 108. Comodos forums are the biggest p.o.s. I've ever seen; slower than mud, so I didn't find any info there. Couldn't find much here. Anyone know what's the deal? I have version 2.3.6.81 with application database 1.2.
    Is that way outdated?

All things considered, it's been pretty much flawless for me other than this.

Thanks

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

They are slow because of all the people there and its being updated.

3. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

So that is why I get error 108?

4. Happy-Dude

Happy-Dude Registered Member

I believe so. In their site fourms, a person did a search and it came back with something to do with their servers. But, there are also plenty of error 106s also, so if must be that everyone is grabbing the update. Ahh well, I'm still trying, and we'll get lucky with it :).

5. Antus

Antus Registered Member

\
    May I suggest go to Comodo home page.....register to download again...it will download the new version. ?han uninstall the old version....install the new one...it retains your license key...This is what I did everything running smoothly.

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I'll try downloading it tomorrow

7. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I was getting error code 108 after an aborted upgrade this AM. I rebooted, then ran the updater from the Comodo summary screen and she downloaded just fine.

Oldshep

8. Baron5

Baron5 Registered Member

After 20 plus tries I did as [Antus] suggested
    and after 3 tries I got it ok.

9. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I been after that D/L for hours now. (Shame on me for changing from Hi-Speed to Dial-Up (Ugh!!) Even if only untill Spring (Whew!!)

Their servers must be Smokin' red-hot cause several D/L attempts were aborted and had to start the slow mud crawl to download again.

No matter, it's worth it if have to be up again all night. LOL

UPDATE:

It finally made it without abort. Gonna give it a tryout tomorrow that for certain, hope it's all that everyone raves that it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.