Comodo compatible with prevx?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Topic says it all. Is it? Thanks

ps, I tried searching to no avail.

2. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Prevx1 is not a firewall or AV, its a Host Intrusion Prevension System (HIPS)
    so I don't see why it will not work.
    I have been using Prevx1 for about a year, but not with Comodo, but have never had any compatiblity problems with any other programs. Only way to find out is try it. I have Prevx1 as my only realtime protection so that's how much I trust it. I just do a scan with a command line scanner every once and while.

Rick

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I dont see why it wouldnt be.

im gonna try prevx1 soon but atm i have 81 processes at startup because of f-secure so its not a fair test to see if it uses up resourses

4. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

You will find that after you uninstall f-secure and install prevx and anti-vir your system will be much faster and use less resourses.
    I had kaspersky AV for a long time and couldn't believe how much it slowed my system and internet speed till I uninstalled it and used another solution (prevx).

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats what i was thinking. it will provide the atleast the same probaly more protection but less resourse. i was thinking about prevx for a while and yesterday I noticed it was only £13 and before that thought it wouild be at least £30 for a product that good. so prevx uses 2 process how many processes does antivir use?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Have used both with no problems.

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

There may be no apparent conflicts, but on checking (when I had this combo installed) I did see conflicts with system hooking (SSDT), so some problems may exist at low level detection/interception

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.