COMODO Cloud Scanner 2.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...-cloud-scanner-20-final-release-t60041.0.html

http://cloud-scanner.comodo.com/

We are happy to announce that COMODO Cloud Scanner 2.0 FINAL Release is available for download!!!

New features:
    - Deeper scan in special folders (Windows and Program Files) for malware, from Malware & Suspicious section.
    - Custom Scan. Just by right clicking on your directories or process files, Windows Shell starts scanning for malware and suspicious files.
    - Newer and faster scan engine for Privacy Issues, Registry Errors and Junk Files from Comodo System Cleaner.
    Improvements:
    - Cloud scanning. Using our latest cloud technology to scan your computer with Comodo online services and tools. Cloud Scanner makes a real-time connection to Comodo's online database and it detects the very latest malware.
    - Hidden processes detection. Our tool detects processes that are hidden and could be dangerous to your system.
    - Fastest scanning engine. We use one of the fastest scanning engine, 30% faster than the previous one.
    - Detect junk files. Over time your disk becomes occupied by temporary internet files, unused icons and duplicate files. They can have a negative impact on the performance of your computer. They can be called junk files and are detected by Cloud Scanner.
    Benefits
    - Malware detection. Using our cloud technology you will be able to detect resident malware on your system.
    - Reveal leftover files & registry. Our latest scan engine has a fast detection of unneeded files and registries that ocupies your disk.
    - Detect privacy issues. Use our tool to detect privacy data files from all the applications on your computer. You can protect yourself by revealing sensitive files, like history, passwords, bookmars, etc.
    - Our experts will solve it. Our experts will solve all the detected problems on your computer without you doing a thing.

Do not press on "help me to clean my pc" button if you dont want to install Comodo live PC support.
    The most interesting part is see the result of the "Malware & Suspicious files" and upload the files to see the veredict.
    I guess that all the other "problems" can be fixed with Comodo Cleaner, CCleaner or similars.

Take into account that the Comodo Cloud is something relatively new so you might see many files Unknown for the Cloud.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Can it remove malwares?

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

It can remove malwares after you activate LivePC Support (30 days trial).
    COMODO Cloud Scanner has large database of programs as well experience of CIS, so it should not report numerous "unknown" files or false positive. I will try it as supplement to my already solid security setup.

4. guest

guest Guest

If you are already using CIS as I can read in your signature I guess that the detection habilities of CIS will be higher than Comodo Cloud Scanner.
    The malware found can be remove the LivePC Support (30 days trial) or installing Comodo AV

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks...:)

6. guest

guest Guest

Now seems that the cloud is working much faster (malware scanner) and better than the last days, I guess that will be fully functional when CIS 5 will be release.

I uploaded many unknown files yesterday and today these files are trusted.

I am doing now the full malware cloud scan not just the fast one, I will see the results later.

7. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I'll use it and send all unknown files after a full-scan on for example my system in order to strengthen COMODO's software.

Now for notes:

1. GUI is buggy. For example, misplaced text area if you go into the malware-section's detailed view.

2. QTTask.exe of the latest QuickTime version (haven't confirmed previous versions) is detected as malware AND is reported to NOT be digitally signed, nor safe (obviously in this case, lol, it's detected as MALWARE xD).

Please see attached screenshot which shows the two mentioned notes.

Regards

Attached Files:

• CCS.PNG
      CCS.PNG
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
  8. guest

guest Guest

FP's happens, I installed today the latest update of babylon pro and all the files were detected as malware by Prevx.

In this case the FP is created by the behaviour blocker not by the definitions.
    I think that if you upload the file here: http://camas.comodo.com/ you will get the same result.
    I dont have the latest version of quicktime and I made the full scan and I didnt have this FP.

You can submit the FP here: http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/submit.php

And the CCS bugs here: http://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...er-20-final-release-bug-reports-t60040.0.html

9. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

is this cloud scanner part of the comodo firewall/ sandbox as well?

11. guest

guest Guest

In the future CIS 5 (now a beta) cloud scanning will be integrated in CIS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.