Comodo beat Norton (Symantec)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brocke, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

In fairness the protection technology of CIS is far from basic.Comodo is capable of being a close to inpenetrable security product,but with the proviso that an advanced user needs to be 'at the helm' to achieve this.

Norton has an edge for many in that users of any proficiency level are well protected.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i have posted the info people to read not argue whos best and whos not.

3. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Or you can read my post where the test wasnt about removal, but about prevention. Comodo clearly won. 100%>90%

5. CogitoTesting

What is your point here. If it is not about removal then when you will be infected while being protected by Comodo what's then?

Well in that respect I think Symantec is true in the sense that free products (like Comodo will not be able to protect you) God forbid you answer one D+ prompt the wrong way and that will be it for you.

In the case of Norton, even with a download insight pop-up where the user would chose to click allow, Sonar would still spring into action to analyze the file and detect it as a threat and consequently remove it. Could you really say the same thing if you click allow on a D+ prompt? Be honest! Do you think Comodo will still protect you if you click allow?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  6. whitedragon551

My point is your comment is off basis since you failed to read the article and clearly dont understand what the test was trying to do. The test is prevention not detection and removal. Comodo clearly didnt allow anything through while Norton did and failed at making its claim. Even if you answer yes on a Def+ if its not on the whitelist it gets sandboxed. You would have to be a total moron to allow something through the AV, Def+ HIPS popup, and manually allow it through access through the sandbox.

7. CogitoTesting

@Whitedragon551

I read the article in contrast to some Comodo fanboys a.k.a Melih's minions. Let's me tell you something: "You choose CIS and I'll choose NIS, anytime." End of story.

Thanks.

8. whitedragon551

As you can see I choose neither. I just read it for what its worth and take words at face value.

9. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

You are really serious about this test?

The test was done with only 30 samples, not enough to maintain a relevance with just that! :thumbd:

10. whitedragon551

Then I guess this entire thread is irrelevant and nobody should post in it.

11. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Oh come on guys, you don't need to take this serious, it's just another example of what a dirty business this all is.

12. whitedragon551

Seems like a Comodo beat down to me.

Wonder why nobody bashes Norton for making false claims as well? :rolleyes:

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well people have about norton's claims against free security, many people here dont agree with it and neither do i, norton just doesnt go spewing that type of propoganda out to everyone at every chance they get like Comodo does with their own gargbage claims, so thats why u dont see people bashing norton as much for it.

14. whitedragon551

Great logic once again. Lets dismiss one company because they do it a few times and lets hold CIS accountable because they do it all the time. Double standards are bogus. Hold them both to the same standard. Either Norton is in the wrong and makes bogus claims along with CIS or they are both in the right and in which case CIS comes out on top.

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

+1 Bingo

16. firzen771

i as well as many here do hold them to the same standard, its just if there isnt a new claim from norton every week about some bogus claim, do u want people to just start making random threads complaining about the same old claims without anything having changed since the first time they said it... it wuld kinda seem pointless to complain about something that isnt always being thrown at u

threads about every new claim comodo makes happen quite frequently though because comodo makes those bogus claims that frequently while symantec has not, as long as Comodo keeps CONTINUOUSLY (with continuously being the key word) keeps making new bogus claims, people will continue to hold them accountable.

Comodo never seems to stop touting its own horn, while Symantec is more quiet about it and doesnt try to continuely ram how great they are down our throats. and that is simply why u here more people complaining about Comodo, there's always some new bull**** coming out of their mouths to complain about

17. whitedragon551

Really? Sounds to me exactly like your excusing Norton.

If I remember correctly this entire Comodo ordeal was started by Norton blowing its own horn and how nothing that is free can compare. Funny how its still Comodo's fault for this ordeal. Again proving your dismissing Nortons bogus original claim and putting it on Comodo.

18. firzen771

when did i say anything about Comodo being at fault for something? i simply said why people complain about Comodo...

19. whitedragon551

You keep making excuses for NIS, but not Comodo because Comodo does "this" all the time except Norton was the one who started this ordeal. :rolleyes:

20. firzen771

i dont excuse either, i dont like or use Norton and i dont like or use Comodo, and i think the reason i gave is a pretty good understanding of why people dislike Comodo, and at the end of the day, this test shows nothing either way, its only 30 samples...

21. whitedragon551

Except

Is excusing what Norton does because they dont do it all the time.

22. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Oh, please. There's a world of difference. Nobody in their right mind actually took Symantec's claim seriously. On the other hand, there's no lack of dumb fanboys ready to jump out and defend Comodo's blatant lies at all costs, and THAT is why we right-thinking people need to speak out against this BS.

23. CogitoTesting

:thumb: ;)

Thanks.

24. whitedragon551

Again really? I guess Symantec having their "story" published all over the net wasnt very serious. They obviously wanted their claim known and took the time to have it on multiple eMagazine publications. Looks pretty serious to me.

25. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Symantec is doing business in acceptable manner. However , COMODO is doing propaganda -don't be one of their blind fanboys and look at the particular case from the beginning . COMODO failed to show what they wanted ; now they are just doing some free marketing just to gain attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.