Comodo AV/S Beta 2.0.0.1 launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Coolio10, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Yes thats true then Comodo started trustix products as their base then optimized and improved them a lot.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

That certainly remains to be seen, they are not even close to any other freeware AV's yet.....they may have "optimized and improved a lot", but they did start with a detection close to not having an AV installed at all! :eek:

If we're talking detection, then users are much much btter off using AntiVir, Avast, AOL avs, or AVG.:)

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

agreed Don.

if any one uses it say on say a main system dont come crying to us :D

lodore

4. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Yes it will take a while for comodo to build up their database to be as big as other freeware products but so far their prevention has jumped from its first release with the hips.

Im not trying to say hips wasnt known till now but it is incorporated into its AV so this av is going prevention and detection.
    And if you really want to go on and on and on list some others that you know have HIPS built in.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

A long while most likely and until then (& if they make it) users would still be better off with those i mentioned, i have nothing against them, but free is sometimes not the same as it being any good at all.....

6. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

good start :D Detected our product as malware :D :rolleyes: Hope it'll be fixed shortly

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

So if it isn't a final version, why the criticism??
    How can you tell if it's going to fail? It's in Beta for feedback, testing, fix bugs,...
    Yes don't use it on your main computer, but they don't recomend it either;)
    They hope people will test it but they don't recomend it

8. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I find that quite interesting too. Watching forums is a bit like a anthropological studie :)
    Maybe it has to do something about feeling threatened? We all have our favorite apps (maybe paid money for) and want our choice to be the best. Others just work for competing vendors.
    I have personally not tested Comodo AV for a while. When I tested it it was still buggy and big on memory consumption. But I realized it was a beta. :D

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Let,s just wait. I agree that to launch a totally free AV in the current market is not so feasible. Any good example so far?
    But u never know!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.