Comodo and Outbound Protection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Zom17, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

After 4 separate versions of Sunbelt's Kerio Firewall, tons of BSOD's due to their fwdrv.sys driver, and a lot of time spent with their tech support (I learned to read Minidumps because of this product) I am ready to move on.

If it wasn't for the BSOD's I would stick with Kerio but after doing everything tech support has suggested I have had enough. The thing is, Kerio does well with protection, configuration, and ease of use -- except the ever present fwdrv.sys nightmare of a driver. o_O

So, how is Comodo with outbound protection?

My OS is XP SP2, and for protection Linksys router, NOD32, and Webroot's Spysweeper. Thanks.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

For outbound protection, Comodo is one of the best.

Its Application Behavior Analyzer can catch many (all?) leaktests.

3. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Maybe this will help. ;)

4. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

Now that was interesting. Thanks.

5. koliko

koliko Registered Member

You're welcome. ;)

6. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

I also moved from Kerio after a long period of use, and quite a few BSODs from fwdrv.sys - I can't be bothered trying any more Kerio updates, as the problem never seems to be resolved. Apart from that, I really liked the product.

Comodo is quite nice - I found the interface daunting at first, but it's really rather easy. I still get quite a few popups with it, and I sometimes wonder whether it might be popping up when I had already set a rule to allow/deny... but overall I'm happy with it and will be sticking with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.