Comodo and Emule

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by joao_proscrito, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Can some one help configuring comodo with emule?

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

It propably is better to not use Comodo for p2p or other "server" kind activities, since it open those ports for all the running programs.

I could not believe how much this fw was boasted here and then the truth was found out.

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

That is interresting. Can you tell us more? How do you mean comodo opens the port in ,lets say utorrent, for all other programs besides uttorrent? Please tell us the truth rather than just insinuate. I guess we boast since no one has proved us wrong yet. If you can do that you will be everyones hero.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm also interested to know! ;)

6. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Well, I have this netphone program.
    Been given only vaquely that it needs all the traffic in and out from ALL the UDP ports to a certain IP range.

How to do that in Comodo. With network rules of course. Only it has no way of telling that the "server access" should be restricted to this "netphone.exe" program only!!!
    Not other server type acting programs nor those you need to give "act as server" like firefox.exe, ashwebsv.exe etc. in application rules.

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

But CPF alert you when the programs want to listen some port, and then you can give them access or not... ;)

If we want to have separated modules for Network and Aplications, the only way is this, I think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.