Comodo 6 will put an end to malware infections.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by taleblou, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi bro:
    I have great news. The new comodo 6 rules over all other and I think its the best or will be the best security suite out there. I tested it thoroughly. First did comodo's Virtual kiosk (Virtual windows) and tried infecting it with malwares and afterward whenj closing the kiosk not one malware had made it to desktop. better then a VM. Also the malwares were insdie the kiosk, I did a clean of sandbox kiosk and all gone. Next I tried and use its kiosking a app. (vitualizing any programs ) option and virtualized firefox and comodo put a virtual firefox shortcut in desktop. I opened the virtual firefox and downloaded the malwares and not one made it through. The malwares were active in the virtual sandbox with a green border around them and when I cleaned sandbox all were gone. Third I tried and run normal firefox and tried downloading malwares normally and comodo blocked all of them.

Now my conclusion is that there will be no way to infect a pc with the new comodo 6. heck it does sandboxie job better then sandboxie. It looks like a VM plus sandboxie plus a security suite all combined in one.

When the final version comes out I suggest get it and virtualize your browsers or download folders and use the kiosk or the programs you virtualized and your real machine will never ever get infected. Its an end to malwares as this is a very solid security suite that I think will rule over all others.

2. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

They say it will be the best with every new version that comes out, a lot of hype. Sure, it would be awesome if it's as good as they say it will be and lets hope it is.. But they've also said similar things before.

3. I don't think so buddy, most decent malware has anti VM these days so it will not run inside virtual kiosk.

4. carat

carat Guest

I hope they will put an end to all the false positives. :shifty:

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's not as bad as it was but they still need to work a bit on FP's.
    Other than that i was waiting for CIS 6 just because file scanner in v5 is so damn slow despite Stateful scanning. CIS6 should address this as well.
    And Full Virtualization should in theory stop ransomware as well.

6. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

File scanner is now optimized with the scans. They share a cache. So now after a scan, performance should be significantly lighter.

7. gery

gery Registered Member

before or after the end of the world? Just kiddin as i really doubt this is true

8. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Comodo is one of the better security suites, possibly the best. But I think they're too overzealous with their HIPS, which leads to theoretical security but not really practical security.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im not too confident running beta products.Im absolutely itching to download and install but i want to wait until its final and really stable.
    If its as good as everyone is saying then i cant wait.

10. guest

guest Guest

You are not talking about CIS 6. Maybe that statement could fit with CIS 4 or even 5.

11. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

That's hardly that CIS 6 will put an end to malware infections, but it is really a pleasure to play with.

12. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Maybe. I used 5.8 and that's what I'm talking about.

I'll try 6.0 out when it's stable.

13. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

talk about installing junk i dont want. i cant believe there is no customize at all with this installer. it installs comodo dragon even if you dont want it, the desktop gadget which i DONT want and i hope they change in the final build i understand this is a beta but still i want to simply test the av and firewall and kiosk. otherwise its actually MUCH lighter than v5 was imo and runs really smooth so far without issues.

14. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Yes, seems to be very light here too.
    I didn't install Dragon and Geekbuddy as I already use Dragon as my main browser (so I had it installed). Geekbuddy wasn't installed when I deselected it, so I don't know what might be wrong...seems to be working here.

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Try a plain Windows Pro or Ultimate and set it up properly with a default deny execute (or make it controlled "open" like my lazy admin setup), combine it with Chrome and some sort of memory intrusion protection and you have simular benefits

There are lots of other solutions who will provide simular benefits, so what's new? A real breakthrough would be a solutions which are easy to use for the masses. For those things to happen windows would have to get more unix like features (like Apple and Chrome/Android is moving forward to).

On the other side I applaud companies like Comodo providing free HIPS solutions.

16. Solarlynx

That's really a problem with the CIS installer - you need carefully observe its options if you don't wont to install Dragon and Geekbuddy.

As for the Desktop widget it can be switched off when the CIS is installed.

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Played with it on my real test machine and don't care for its usability. The new UI is just ridiculous to navigate through. I'm sure with more time on it, I would get used to it, but since I disliked it so much during my first experience, I seriously doubt it ever gets another chance.

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Sounds like the installer is not very granular at the moment. I would like to install just the firewall - is that not possible now?

19. Solarlynx

Press to "Customize Installer" for options.

Attached Files:

20. In my VPC (Windows XP/Mode), I used 7-zip to extract the contents, right-click > Extract to "..."

I believe it was the "cis" folder to find 2 MSI installers; x86 and x64.
    Though I was prompted to install Silverlight and Dragon when entering Virtual Kiosk mode, of course you can select No and continue to use VK.

21. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i selected not to install and still they installed. so maybe a bug. but besides those i DONT want a gadget among other things. and the gadget is not even listed in windows gadgets it seems it can only be found in the comodo gui.

its very light memory has actually gone down since installing in by a small amount and the only place i even feel it is in browsing it slows things a very small amount.

and i agree about the gui with dbone. i like the way it looks but navigating it is terrible.

22. pintas

pintas Registered Member

The GUI problem is that it is intended to run pretty along side windows 8 (CRAP!), so the navigation is really not good and not intuitive at all. Maybe they follow user's suggestions and we'll have a better gui by the final version.

23. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

The title and included post should be rewritten as "My opinion is:", because that's the only way you won't sound like a walking ad. To counter your great news however, I have bad news: No, it won't end infections and nothing will end them so long as the cat vs mouse game continues on. I don't mean to sound snarky, I hope C6 will be much better than previous versions. But thinking any vendor can stop malware for good is just foolish.

I've never liked any products from Comodo and I've long lost respect for its head. That, however, is my own experience and opinion.

24. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

the cis gadget is not using windows gadgets

25. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    Yeah this is my opinion as I tested it deeply against malwares on my VM. SO far it was solid and nothing passed it (I maximized and tweaked it for the highest protection) but I manage to find an issue and posted over at comodo forum for addition to the security. What I found is that the sandbox does great job like sandboxie does but only at application level and not folder level and no folder sandboxing and virtualization is available. Although unlike sandboxie that does automatic sandbox cleaning CIS 6beta does not and rebooting will not delete sandbox apps. SO I have asked comodo to put these extra feature to make it more solid and if they incorporate these features that sandboxie has then there will be no need for sandboxie.

For now what I do is use CIS6 beta virtualization to sandbox browsers and use sandboxie to sandbox the download folders where the downloads are stored.

The strange thing is that although downloads are stored unsandboxed in the download folder and can be run normally unlike sandboxie but if you run the downloads or open them in the browser they are sandboxed by CIS6 beta but not sandboxed if you open them or run from desktop or download folder? Must be a bug and I hope they fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.