Comodo 3.0.19.318

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dieselman, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Code:
    FIXED! Bugs in D+ affecting CFP's ability to handle some events properly 
    FIXED! CFP freezes the computer in certain cases of network traffic 
    FIXED! CFP GUI slows down when some other software is installed 
    FIXED! CFP GUI fails to start when resource extraction fails 
    IMPROVED! The default configuration has been updated to protect more resources 

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I wonder what exactly has been changed.
    "Some events"? "Certain cases"? What kind of changelog is that? lol
    Very concise and professional (as always) from Comodo staff...

4. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

Thanks for the news Dieselman,

and the change log lucas1985

:thumb:

5. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I think it's called covering all bases [in certain cases that is] :D

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

FWIW, after installing the update and rebooting my system was unresponsive. I had to disable Mamutu to get everything working properly. I don't know yet why Mamutu has a problem with CFP 3.0.19.318 on my system. Is anyone else who runs Mamutu noticing problems?

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Under Defence+ Settings/Monitor Settings/Objects To Monitor Against Direct Access
    1.Computer Monitor
    2.Disks
    3.Keyboard
    Are unchecked leaving the first box Physical Memory checked by default and in the previous versions all four were checked.

8. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I posted about this for both us in the Mamutu forum so hopefully between there and here we will get an answer. I may just go ahead and install the new version to see though. If I do I'll post back. I always uncheck the enable background Guard at start up under the IDS setting and closing Mamutu before installing anything. However, is this unresponsiveness still happening after reboot now as well?

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I booted into SAFE mode and disabled the Mamutu service and GUI. After booting into normal mode I enabled the service and GUI, and the system stalled again. It's not a complete freeze. I can open the start menu and shutdown OK, but I can't run applications and the Mamutu icon doesn't appear in the tray. By the way, this is in Vista business 32 bit.

10. Dieselman

Mamutu is probably conflicting with D+. Its almost like running 2 HIPS which is clearly not needed.

11. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Again new problems after uninstalling 3.0.18 I am no more able to click the icon in the lower right corner. CFP 3.0.19 seems to be freezed... strange, old version never had problems of this kind. It is totally locked, basically malware could now do what it wants...if system would be infected... critical bug, imo, in this latest build.

12. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

After reboot the same, access to Comodo GUI locked, I still think it also has something to do with <...>:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/15gdyls.png
    But even with <...> it worked in CFP 3.0.18. Actually GUI fully locked, no possibility to access in 3.0.19.

13. Dieselman

No need to uninstall 3.0.18.309.. All you had to do was run the updater. Worked like a charm for me and many other over at Comodo. GUI bugs are fixed and the GUI works great and not sluggish anymore.

14. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Unfortunately I have Windows XP, but I still installed Comodo for the heck of it to see how it would do with Mamutu. Although it ran fine with Mamutu I had connection problems. I tried the repair feature in the Wireless Network Connection icon and it didn't help. Long story short I will go back to Online Armor. Comodo is nice and there has been OA problems as well, but I like the GUI of OA better and it's easier to use IMO. Take care.

15. Dieselman

The problem is your running 2 HIPS products. Its not Comodo's fault your running Mamtu. Kaskersky doesnt get along with tons of products. Why dont you uninstall Mamutu and just use Comodo and see how it is. Remember Online Armor was causing you Explorer.exe errors.

16. _ab

_ab Registered Member

hmm, i installed it & after a few minutes there was a problem, some popups would allmost freeze. I had to reboot the computer. Ihope, this won´t happen again, otherwise i´d have to be annoyed about Comodos policy to bring out new version every few days (which isn´t that nice anyway, because of clicking through lots of popups every time) & then they even would cause problems. Why can´t they test it longer?

17. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

So did the new version of OA, so let me ask you something. The connection problem I had with Comodo was after it would pop up the message "new network found". I already had my Home Network set up, and I didn't recognize the new IP address found. If I allowed it though no connection problems, but if I ignored it I had connection problems. The name in the box for the new network was my Wireless Adapter, but again I didn't recognize the IP address. Also when I would do a repair by right clicking on the Wireless Network Connection icon to renew my IP ect... It would disable my connection, but not enable it again. It did this without Mamutu running.

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

You may be correct that using Mamutu with CFP is unnecessary, but Mamutu 1.5 and CFP 3.0.18.309 did work together without problems. It seemed important to warn others that CFP 3.9.19.318 doesn't get along with Mamutu (no criticism of either product intended).

19. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I take it this is the first time you are installing Comodo Firewall Pro, the popups are part of a learning proccess and new versions are not brought out every few days but a month or so apart. We are lucky Comodo fixes bugs fast (you don't want to see how slow...slow can be especially with a whole lot of bugs). If you update through the firewalls update utility you should retain the firewalls configuration file containing what the firewall has learned so far, that is if you stay with Comodo firewall for more than one version

20. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Is anyone having the CHK Disk bug problems that are mentioned in the Comodo forums. Or has that been fixed with this new version?

21. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

Are you using Anti-Leak mode?

22. Dieselman

There hasn't been a new version for over a month. So how to you get your couple of day statement to be true.

23. Dieselman

That was maily when people do an offline defrag with Perfectdisk. I actually never use CHK disk. No reason to.

24. Carver

Carver Registered Member

D+ mode

25. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Thanks Dieselman. I installed Comodo again and this time checked the " Don't look for new networks". All seems well now, and it's running quite nice. How do you like Avira PP? I have 4 months left on a 6 month trial I got from Wilders in January. I am using AVG 7.5 Pro right now with SAS Pro and Mamutu. I know, I know. I don't need Mamutu with Comodo. LOL. It is a Behavior Blocker and quite diffeent from Comodo. Some people use ThreatFire with Comodo too. All right Dieselman. Thanks for talking me into trying Comodo again, and take care. I have got to get out of the forum now and go to bed. Can you say "addiction"? LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.