"Community OuterEdge"

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by STV0726, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

If I may ask, what does this terminology mean? I see it usually on maximum heuristic alerts.

P.S.: I'm really sorry about my false positive post. I didn't mean to be rude, should have sent it to the report address or Prevx help request. My fault, just was surprised at the detection.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Community.OuterEdge isn't a false positive - it is just a notification that the program isn't frequently used (or it's a new version of a popular program). You may want to lower your heuristic settings to prevent these from showing.

3. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Oh alright, thanks. I've considered lowering them but the false alarms are few enough where it's not a big issue.

What exactly does the "report as false positive" from inside the Prevx program do?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Report as a false positive sends the report to us that you think it is a false positive and then it locally allows the file to prevent detection by your PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.