Commtouch bought Command Anti-Malware from Authentium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Arin, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Interesting news. Command AM was a very simple to use AM... Lets see how it becomes...

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I had superb support from the UK team over several years of use when it was Command Antivirus; CSAV . Very light footprint and fast scanning.

But Command/Authentium AntiVirus was always pitched at the Corporate/Enterprise market and this was reflected in the relatively high retail cost of the Home products.

So it is/was rare to see it tested outside of Virus Bulletin but it uses the F-Prot engine so detection of the two is/was always very similar when tested together; both probably Tier2/Tier3 standard.

So overall, IMO, CSAV/Command AntiMalware is no great loss to the Home market which was never the target. But it will be of interest to see whether a Home product is still continued.

Another AV company is swallowed up.

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Actually if I remember correctly Command had a smaller database of it's own malware on-top of the F-Prot engine.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes, they were supposed to add their own signatures but nearly all of the tests that I have seen with the old F-Prot version 3 engine in CSAV and the newer engine in Command AntiMalware all showed basically the same results between Frisk and Authentium; no great surprise.

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Trying CSAV5 right now. It is fast and light. I can also see cloud scanning feature. But I'm not happy with the updater. A few times the updating simply fails to connect to the update server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.