Command line parameter

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by martink, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martink

martink Guest

I wan't to use the NOD32 email scanner. When I execute the command line scanner, a user interface is shown. I don't want this, since it's supposed to run in "quite mode".

I tried with /quit, but the user interface is still shown while the file is being scanned.

I've read the command line switches information in the help, but could not find anything useful.

Anyone knows if there's a command line switch that hides the user interface?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Martin, are you using the latest version of Nod32 - 2.50.25 yet?

See post number 82 and onwards here.

Cheers :D

3. martink

martink Guest

It says 2.5.

I checked that post but it doesn't really answer my question.

From my software, I want to be able to launch nod32.exe in "absolute quite mode" for scanning files being sent through my software. I also checked through the command line settings listed in #77 for a setting that completely hides the user interface but could not find any.

I could probably modify my call to the Windows API function CreateProcess to make the NOD32 window invisible, but I'm worying that the window may show a messagebox or an error message. In that case, my software would hang until it terminates it (I've added a timeout when calling virus scanners that will kill NOD32 if it would show a message box, but it would make my software much slower since I had to wait for that timeout).

My software works fine with Clamwin, AVG, E-trust, BitDefender and F-prot. Would be sad if I couldn't get NOD32 to work properly with it since NOD32 is my favorite virus scanner ...

4. martink

martink Guest

So yes, I've obviously posted in the wrong forum. This should have been posted in the version 2 forum. Sorry for that mistake. Hate when users does it in my forum..

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No worries Martin, moved into position ;)

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.