Command Line Backup Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Futurepower, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futurepower

Futurepower Registered Member

Below is a complete copy of the output of an attempt to make a backup of a raw partition to a DVD drive.

Note that the command line specifies partition 1-4, but the output says 1-5.

D:\Batch > "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation\TrueImageCmd.exe" /create /raw /compression:3 /split:4100 /progress:On /partition:1-4 /fileName:"Y:\BU_MJ_LT_W_enc_drive.tib"
    I000103F0:Create Full Backup Archive
    To: Y:\BU_MJ_LT_W_enc_drive.tib
    Compression: Normal
    File Split: 4.004 GB

Saving partition structure

[..................................................] 0%
    [##################################################] 100%
    Locking partitions: in progress...
    Locking partitions: completed

Creating partition image

[..................................................] 0%

E000101F6:Operation with partition "1-5" was terminated.
    Details:
    Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x82DB9339B70C3AFE
    Error creating the file. (0x4000A)
    Tag = 0xC4AB60A831327EA4
    Incorrect function. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070001
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816
    Failed to perform the backup operation.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I don't pretend to understand the batch file but this line in it: From: None (1-5), what does the 1-5 refer to?

3. kidtriton

kidtriton Registered Member

that is being outputted by the machine, his command ends with .tib" and everything after that is a response from the acronis software, not part of his command. He is not using a batch file, it just happens that he is sitting in a directory called "Batch" when he issued the command.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ah ... okay, then I would try 1-3 instead of 1-4 in the command.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Futurepower,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you can use /list to see the list of available partitions.

As for the second issue, please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also let us know the type of DVD media you use (DVD+R, DVR+RW, DVD-R etc). You can find the list of supported DVD types in this FAQ article.

In addition, please let us know if it is possible to create an image archive to DVD disc when using the GUI mode of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Futurepower

Futurepower Registered Member

NOT FIXED: Command Line Backup Failure

2007-04-28
    Aleksandr,

The following 3 paragraphs are copied from the other thread about command line failure:

I thought I was already was using the latest version, of course, 3887. To check to make sure that was so, I started Acronis Workstation, and checked Help/ About/. It said I have version 3886!, I discovered that when I run the file TrueImageWorkstation9.1.3887_s_en.exe, that I downloaded in February 21, it says during the install that it is version 3886! Your web site says that version 3887 was released the day before, on February 20, 2007.

I downloaded version the file TrueImageWorkstation9.1.3887_s_en.exe again and the file available now shows version 3887 in Help/ About/. Since your servers are not very fast, and since the file is almost 190 Megabytes, the download required more than 40 minutes.

The newer file labeled "3887" is larger. I installed it, and now the Help/ About/ says 3887. However, the program still fails.

Answering your question: Backing up to DVD+R works very well, using the GUI TI program.

The correct partition is 1-4, as shown by the /List option. The command line operation still fails:

______________________________________________________________________________

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation > "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation\TrueImageCmd.exe" /create /raw /compression:3 /split:4100 /progress:On /partition:1-4 /fileName:Y:\BU_MJ_LT_W_enc_drive_2007-04-28.tib
    I000103F0:Create Full Backup Archive
    To: Y:\BU_MJ_LT_W_enc_drive_2007-04-28.tib
    Compression: Normal
    File Split: 4.004 GB

Saving partition structure
    [##################################################] 100%
    Locking partitions: completed

Creating partition image
    [..................................................] 0%E000101F6:Operation with partition "W:" was terminated.
    Details:
    Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x82DB9339B70C3AFE
    Error creating the file. (0x4000A)
    Tag = 0xC4AB60A831327EA4
    Incorrect function. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070001
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816
    Failed to perform the backup operation.

Write error

______________________________________________________________________________

I had just done a binary comparison between that W: drive and a DVD+R backup that I made earlier with the GUI TI Workstation program. Thousands of files compared perfectly, and the comparison correctly showed many files that I had changed since the earlier backup, made 2 days ago. That shows that both the hardware and the partition are working perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.