command av real bad experience

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

:mad: Not to long in a post I said how I thought I was going to like command av. All was working pretty well, but I change av's quit often trying different products. Well I took command out of my comp. thru add-remove. To make a very long story short I deleted it and when it went it took about thirteen xp operating files with it. I tried to use system restore but that wouldnt even work. I finally had to get out my six restore disc's and put the os back in the box. I spent the last hour and a half taking out a ton of loaded programs that take a lot of room and that I would never use. Now I will burn an image of the drive and if anything happens like this again it should be a whole lot easier. Well needless to say I am not as happy with command av now. :(

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have recently trialed Command AV on a number of computers as it can be obtained 'free' in the UK at present.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14801

I installed, then after a trial period uninstalled, Command on a Win 2000 computer and a Win XP Pro laptop. Both uninstalls went smoothly. So the Command uninstall on XP does go smoothly sometimes. Sorry to hear your experiences were not as good.

I was impressed with Command AV in the short time it was on my computers, as it took up very little memory and even a lowly Pentium II, 400Mhz, ran very quickly with the Command Monitor. A rather dated GUI but overall an antivirus program well worth checking out, particularly as it is a free offer in the UK at the present time.

I would have used this AV, but I have sufficient AV programs for the foreseeable future( too many!).

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I contacted support at command today and the gentleman I talked to said that sometimes on some comps. this happens they don't know exactly what happens because when it does you can't access the computer. :(

No matter where you go there you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.