command av real bad experience

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

:mad: Not to long in a post I said how I thought I was going to like command av. All was working pretty well, but I change av's quit often trying different products. Well I took command out of my comp. thru add-remove. To make a very long story short I deleted it and when it went it took about thirteen xp operating files with it. I tried to use system restore but that wouldnt even work. I finally had to get out my six restore disc's and put the os back in the box. I spent the last hour and a half taking out a ton of loaded programs that take a lot of room and that I would never use. Now I will burn an image of the drive and if anything happens like this again it should be a whole lot easier. Well needless to say I am not as happy with command av now. :(

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have recently trialed Command AV on a number of computers as it can be obtained 'free' in the UK at present.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14801

I installed, then after a trial period uninstalled, Command on a Win 2000 computer and a Win XP Pro laptop. Both uninstalls went smoothly. So the Command uninstall on XP does go smoothly sometimes. Sorry to hear your experiences were not as good.

I was impressed with Command AV in the short time it was on my computers, as it took up very little memory and even a lowly Pentium II, 400Mhz, ran very quickly with the Command Monitor. A rather dated GUI but overall an antivirus program well worth checking out, particularly as it is a free offer in the UK at the present time.

I would have used this AV, but I have sufficient AV programs for the foreseeable future( too many!).

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I contacted support at command today and the gentleman I talked to said that sometimes on some comps. this happens they don't know exactly what happens because when it does you can't access the computer. :(

No matter where you go there you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.