Command AV purchase

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kjempen, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I have a small home network where both computers are online. On the other computer I have NOD32 and I am very satisfied with that (but I want a different scanner on this one to get some "overlapping"). On this computer I have tried F-Prot but it gave me some problems with computer games not loading correctly etc until I turned off the real time monitor. So I'm considering maybe buying the Command AV? Doesn't it use F-Prot Professional's defs plus a mixture of its own defs? Sounds very good to me! :)

Is this the place where people purchase it? --> http://www.authentium.com/store/index.cfm

I was a little confused by that web page, at first I thought I could purchase and then download it. But from the looks of it, you have to get it shipped in a box to your address? I don't want that... Is it not possible to get a downloadable version?

EDIT: Fixed link

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Thanks, ronjor! It was downloadable after all, and I have it now. :)

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Good luck with the command av, I really have liked it and it does a good job ;)

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Does the Command AV licence allow you to run it on multiple systems on a home network? (F-Prot allow up to 5 copies). I have not been able to find this information on their website and Authentium have not responded my emailed query on this.

Unfortunately, I have found (like Kjempen) that F-Prot's Real Time Protection has to be disabled - it uses 100% CPU when a game is started and conflicts with Outpost firewall (resulting in it using large amounts of CPU) since it cannot be configured to exclude Outpost's log files.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Paranoid, since you are in the UK, try David Millward, who is the UK Technical Manager for Authentium UK. I have found him to be very quick in answering queries; dmillward@authentium.co.uk.

I am keeping an eye out for their annual free offer in the UK PC magazines. I have been able to run CSAV for free for the past 18 months due to these free offers, but unfortunately no offer as yet this year.

But do not forget that if you go with the present offer on their main web-site, http://www.authentium.com/store/index.cfm that support is not given with this special offer. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43122

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Blackcat, thanks for the info. I'll check it out. :)

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

kjempen,
    Bigc and others recommended it. Then they dropped the price. I liked what I read on this forum. I have been pleased as well, purchased about a month ago. At least you know where to go for some support. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.