Command AntiVirus 5.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

F-prot will provide good protection, although buying and using an engine on a software that was not nessesarily designed for it in the primeral place may alter the detection rate.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

They are taking their time in releasing this version as this was muted nearly a year ago now.

Detection rate of CSAV 3 and F-Prot 3 has generally been the same when tests have been carried out and Authentium have years of experience of wrapping their GUI around the F-Prot engine. So the new CSAV should be no different in this regard.

Authentium/Command AV need the upgrade as recent tests have shown how far behind the old engine is compared to the new one.

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat for the old link. I somehow remember reading about this long time ago but was unable to find the old link using "Command" as the keyword.:p

5. Nike_P

Nike_P Registered Member

i dont think i would use this command antivirus, i dont know why but it feels like i won't be safe with it as i am with Avira...
    That's just my opinion.

6. Blackcat

That's okay, Chubb. Your pdf links were interesting and suggest that a release may be just around the corner.

I wish Authentium would reconsider the price of the Home version; it's still expensive at £28/$48 for a 1-year license. So given the choice most users would plump for FPAV 6.

Not the present Command 3 but the new version as with FPAV 6 will give you good protection. Not as good as Avira granted but detection rates are not the sole criteria to choose an AV. You are happy with Avira so just stick to that one.

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It is US$39.95 here. I think they target for commercial customers and the price is higher than normal.

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I can't run this one, it has no trial version. Not only anti-virus, but also anti-social.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  9. Blackcat

Yes I just did a straight currency conversion of the UK price, minus the dreaded VAT here so the price to you Yanks, like most things, is slightly better!

They are heavily biased to the Corporate/Enterprise market so as you say the price is not targeted to attract the typical Home user. But their support is superb so the price is bound to be more expensive.

10. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Just run F-Prot 6, both should have the same detection rates.

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Command's boxed version looks like the CA's one..

btw, any screenshots of this av?

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Hey Chubb, thanks a bunch for the screenies of Command & Sophos :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.