Comcast this evening

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Acadia, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

If anyone using Comcast is having problems surfing tonight, Comcast is having DNS server problems that are almost nation wide. Go here for info on how to change your DNS server (if you can get there):

http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/8164

Acadia

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

We had that problem last night on cable one, thank goodness it was short lived.

bigc

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. 2 days ago I fired up comcast unplugging, but not cancelling my AOL DSL. Got a linksys router for desktop to go wireless with laptop. Ended up with a bad router, and the last thing the tech guy had me do confirmed a bad router. I've been trying to get back on line with comcast to no avail. I am now back on line courtesey of AOL DSL.

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

For what it's worth, I use 63.240.76.4 as my primary Comcast DNS server and have had no problems lately.

Nick

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    One reason I missed this earlier was I too had a couple of nights (not in a row) no service from Comcast. Note my location. But before that it has been a long, long time since I've had any problem. Hope this will not be a new trend. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.