Comcast and McAfee.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vincevega, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

Comcast is now giving us McAfee AV and currenly I use Avast and AVG. Should I switch over or stay witrh what I have. I mostly concerned obout the resource hit on my PC's (1.8 gig AMD w/ 512 Mem and a 450 P3 w/ 640 Mem). What do you guys think?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Same answer as I posted for someone else here

Blue

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

If it's an Enterprise Editon then yes (but i doubt they offer this one),otherwise no.

4. Fam Money

Fam Money Registered Member

I've just traded in Avast(free) for the McAfee offered by Comcast. I've been running it for 2 days now and it doesn't seem to run any heavier than Avast.

I like it so far though it runs a hell of a lot of processes.(7) When I did a manual scan it found a HackerDefender ini file that I had copied from a compromised game server I help admin and changed to a txt file. No other scans I did noticed it. (Avast[local scan], BitDefender, TrendMicro, Kaspersky[all online]) So that impressed me somewhat, though it did show BF2 as a potential unwanted program. That's their way of saying it could be potential spyware.

The real only issue I found is using it with Outpost Pro. Everytime I would try to send email via FireFox it would lockup and crash Outpost. I'm on Kerio 4.20 and it's running great.

5. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to give it a whirl.