Combining NIS licenses

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Victek, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

My Norton Internet Security license was down to 20 days so I entered a new key. I was surprised to discover that instead of adding a year to the remaining license it replaced the license, so I lost the 20 days. Is there a way to get the remaining time added back in? Do I need to contact Symantec do make that happen?

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Hi! No , there is no way for you to do this . You should contact Norton support . I recommend you use the chat option (either from here or from the program itself)

You should insist on what you want . At the end you may end up with even more than 20 days added - they can be very generous :)

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

yes, norton license dont add but give availability to to license u enter

contact support as they are flexible

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the link to the live chat. The Rep fixed the problem and gave me a few extra days as well, which was very nice. Apparently there's a way to "renew" the subscription so that any remaining time is added on, but I think that can only be done online, is that right? I had a new key from a retail purchase. Next time I'll just wait until the subscription has one day left before entering the new key, but I'll have to put up with NIS nagging me for the last month :argh:

5. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

As I said they can be very generous. Once I waited few minutes which was not so long and they extended my NFR subscription with 200 days :D

Yes , subscription is extended if you use the subscription renewal option via their site (directly with Symantec) at buy.norton.com

Or do like you did now , contact them again and have them add another extra days :)

Enjoy !

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

That thought did occur to me :D It's a bit of a cheap trick though, now that I know better :cautious:

7. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

This is quite common practice, a lot of vendors do it like this. It is just a cheap trick to earn some more money. That is also why they pop-up the last month/weeks of your subscription, so you buy a new license earlier. Just because most people don't want to go through the hassle of contacting the support. A new license instead of renewal. (For example with Kaspersky, if you buy 1 month from the end, it will create a new license [so you lose 1 month of your license], do you buy 1 week it will renew [so you don't lose license time]. The "border" is located at two weeks.)

But indeed if you contact the support of Symantec, and a lot of other vendors they will "fix" it very easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.