[color=Red]NOTICE[/color] A change has been detected in the autostart registry

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by mfreemanhcp7, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfreemanhcp7

mfreemanhcp7 Registered Member

NOTICE A change has been detected in the autostart registry. Press Ctrl+A to view the autostart registry.

Is there any way of getting TDS (or plug-in or other app.) to highlight the changes made? I find it very difficult to examine the autostart registry and find the changes myself - I don't really know what was and what was not there before, so I don't know if the change is malicious or noto_O?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Re:NOTICE A change has been detected in the autostart registr

Hi User,
    Usually the changed key is shown at the top of the list, this will be made more obvious in TDS4 :)

If you have changed or updated an autostarting programme such as your graphics driver, program updates etc TDS recognises that the .exe that starts the driver or service has changed & shows an alert, usually you will know that you have changed something.
    If, however, you are certain that you have made no changes then further investigation may be necessary, check the autostarting programmes by clicking on Services/drivers and see if there is something there you do not recognise - Most of them you will recognise.

If you have more doubts then run a full system scan with everything ticked in the Scan Task Configuration except for scan for clients & edit servers

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.