CodedownloadErrorLog!Name 399cb6c4-7312-11D2-B4D9-00105A0422DF means what

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

CodedownloadErrorLog!={Name 399cb6c4-7312-11D2-B4D9-00105A0422DF} means what

I just happened to look in my Local Settings / Temporary Internet Files and this kind of jumped out at me. Normally My temporary files get deleted when I exit my browser, so probably it has not been there long. I did a google on it but did not really understand any of the results, except possibly it has to do with pop-up ads, or ad-blocking...maybe.

just to see what would happen I turned off Active-x earlier today in my browser IE6 in XP-H-1. possibly this is some innocent thing that was affected by this?

I searched with regedit and it could not find
    {399cb6c4-7312-11D2-B4D9-00105A0422DF}

the internet contains to many HJT and similar logs, so theres tons of meaningless stuff. well not entirely meaningless. at one of the sites someone had this signature:

"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make easier don't need to be done." - Andy Rooney

That sort of made the search worthwhile. Anyway, please don't hesitate to shed some light on this!

- HandsOff

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are correct that it possibly has something to do with ActiveX and perhaps the below MSKB article will help you understand what you are seeing.

How to find more information about why code download failed

Also....are you using or was you using anything dealing with Sygate and about the time of the date stamp of that entry ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I don't think so I have anything by Sygate.

After thinking about it, I remember I was doing a registry search earlier looking for leftovers from a uninstalled program and I made my search to vague so that it returned thousands of results, which I told it to sort. The computer locked up and began acting strangely.

Considering that I had done a total backup that morning, and I was worried about possible registry corruption, I restored the backup. It might have pulled out of it, but why take chances.

anyway...my thought is maybe the registry utilities I was using had something to do with the activex error when it was generating a report. activex error and computer slowed to a crawl is not a cheerful scenario, but all is well now.

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.