Code LP5

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by frohman, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frohman

frohman Registered Member

I just upgraded to SpywareBlaster 4.4 since updating 4.3 is now blocked because of the new version being available. When I try to start SWB after updating it using the full update instructions (disable, uninstall, install, update, enable), I get the following message: "Error while unpacking the program, code LP5. Please report to author."

I am running Windows 7 x64 and SWB 4.3 worked beautifully for me. Why is 4.4 not working at all?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. frohman

frohman Registered Member

You hit it right on the head: ThreatFire is screwing things up. Exiting it allowed SWB to work beautifully. Too bad starting TF back up hosed every 32-bit non-SYSTEM process on my computer :( Nothing a reboot couldn't fix.

4. coyote2

coyote2 Registered Member

Same "Code LP5" error message, but I don't have Threatfire. I am running another PC Tools application (Spyware Doctor); but I see nothing about Threatfire in it's Settings (I've written to PC Tools too).

I tried uninstalling SWB but now I get the error when I try to reinstall it.

My system:
    Windows XP Pro sp3
    Comodo Firewall 4.1.150349.920
    Eset NOD32 4.2.40.0
    Spyware Doctor 7.0.0.545
    Spybot 1.6.2.46
    Ad-Aware 8.3.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.