cmd.exe problem?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by n8chavez, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Let me start of by saying that I know the problems is related to Jetico Personal Firewall. But I can't find out what it is and I'm hoping someone could point my in the right direction.

I think I have a problem with command-line applications not receiving commands. I believe JPF is some how blocking that from happening. As you may or may not know, programs like Drive Snapshot or CDRTFE (CDRTools Frontend) are simply guis that make it easier for use to choose command. But DS and CDRTFE have stopped working as they should, when JPF was installed. When it was uninstalled they worked fine. That leads me to believe that there is some rule with JPF's HIPS that is preventing it. The problem is that there is no way of knowing as JPF doesn't log all denies, unless specifically asked to do so.

So, my question is, at what point are commands being stopped? Which exe file needs to be given permission to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

This does seems to be a bug in the latest version of JPF. Everything is running fine in 2.0.226. I don't know why that is but there seems to be a problem with 2.0.2.7. Perhaps there is an issue with the critical system object modification?

As I realize now that this is strictly a firewall issue and not related to my system, could the mods move this thread to the right thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.