Cloud Scanners?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mr_yoda, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I've been looking around the internet and seen a number of reviews for the newer cloud scanners and was wondering whether these would be ok to install alongside ESS (as aa on-demand scanner). Does anybody know whether it will be ok or if it will provide any conflict?

The 2 I am looking at are the one from Panda and the one from Comodo. They would purely be used as on-demand scanners and not run in real-time.

2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello Mr. Yoda
    There is always a chance for software conflicts , no guarantees, even if you run as on demand only . I do not know about the mentioned cloud vendors program's compatibility with Ess or nod32. But for a second opinion software, Malwarebytes run as on demand has never given me any compatibility issues, but then again, this is not a guarantee that you do not run into software incompatibility issues.

Regards

Woodgiant

3. mr_yoda

Thanks for that. I do have MalwareBytes but I suppose I'm just an extermely paranoid person. I'll probably keep having a look around and see if anyone mentions any compatability issues.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. mr_yoda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.