Cloud Scanners?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mr_yoda, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I've been looking around the internet and seen a number of reviews for the newer cloud scanners and was wondering whether these would be ok to install alongside ESS (as aa on-demand scanner). Does anybody know whether it will be ok or if it will provide any conflict?

The 2 I am looking at are the one from Panda and the one from Comodo. They would purely be used as on-demand scanners and not run in real-time.

2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello Mr. Yoda
    There is always a chance for software conflicts , no guarantees, even if you run as on demand only . I do not know about the mentioned cloud vendors program's compatibility with Ess or nod32. But for a second opinion software, Malwarebytes run as on demand has never given me any compatibility issues, but then again, this is not a guarantee that you do not run into software incompatibility issues.

Regards

Woodgiant

3. mr_yoda

Thanks for that. I do have MalwareBytes but I suppose I'm just an extermely paranoid person. I'll probably keep having a look around and see if anyone mentions any compatability issues.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. mr_yoda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.